Photo

Adventure Island- a love hate relationship....

3 replies to this topic

#1 VicViper OFFLINE  

VicViper

Moonsweeper

• 326 posts

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:48 PM

I have always been a fan of the Adventure Island games. When I was a kid i used to rent them all the time. Now as an adult, I've picked them up again, and me and my GF have put serious efforts into beating them, mostly adventure island 2. We don't attempt it all in one run, we use the level select code to go back to the island we left off on. My point is, as much as I love these games, they are cruel. We have been tearing our hair out on the seventh island of Adventure Island 2 for over a month now. has anyone else attempted completing these games? or just want to show some Love/Hate for Master Higgins?
P.S. Those damn frogs are from the pits of hell, and have now joined the pantheon of my most hated foes, right along side that damn spider from Centipede.

#2 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 8,904 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:40 PM

I've finished Adventure Islands 2, 3, Super Adventure Island, and the Japan-only remake for Game Cube/PS2 that came out in the early '00s. I never did finish the original on the NES. On the flipside though, I did finish Wonder Boy (that AI is based off of), both for the Game Gear and Master System, although I had to use a lot of continues to do so. I recall both Adventure Islands 2 and 3 being pretty brutal towards the end of the games. They make it so you have to bolt through the levels without stopping, because of there being so few fruits available. And if you die, if you have no backup items in your inventory, sometimes you have to run through those stages without attacking because you are not provided a weapon.

#3 Classic Pac OFFLINE  

Classic Pac

River Patroller

• 3,090 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:15 PM

I actually found Adventure Island on the PSN store.

#4 7800Lover OFFLINE  

7800Lover

Moonsweeper

• 411 posts

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:41 PM

I've been playing New Adventure Island for TG-16 via Wii Virtual Console. It is every bit as frustrating as Ninja Gaiden (which I got at the same time)!

It's basically skill, reflexes, memorization, timing, and some luck. All of those seem to be eluding me though.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users