Help! Green vertical bars like barcode!

atari 2600 setup

4 replies to this topic

#1 EctoHanro OFFLINE  

EctoHanro

Combat Commando

• 3 posts

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:26 PM

I finally got together all the pieces I needed to plug a hand-me-down atari 2600 into a TV.

I tuned it in, and all I got was vertical green bars, like a barcode.

Now all I get is a blank screen.

Any clues ???

Ecto.

Atari is a 2600 rainbow (jr ?) with an american atari rf modulator, an audio cable between the box and the console, and an australian tv.

#2 dg67 OFFLINE  

dg67

Space Invader

• 22 posts

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:18 PM

vertical bars could be caused by a cartridge not properly inserted, or dirty. Please try to clean contacts, by remove dust on the cartridge edge connector, then by cleaning softly by using some cotton (water drenched) and a pen eraser. Also remove durty from the Atari's cartridge connector.

#3 SlowCoder OFFLINE  

SlowCoder

River Patroller

• 3,686 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:40 AM

vertical bars could be caused by a cartridge not properly inserted, or dirty. Please try to clean contacts, by remove dust on the cartridge edge connector, then by cleaning softly by using some cotton (damp with alcohol) and a pen eraser. Also remove durty from the Atari's cartridge connector.

Fixed your quote. Use high percentage alcohol (90+) on a Q-Tip to clean the cart connectors, and you can wet the end of some thin cardboard with alcohol to clean the console connectors. Never use water, and you don't need to drench anything.

Edited by SlowCoder, Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:40 AM.

#4 EctoHanro OFFLINE  

EctoHanro

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:51 PM

Thanks guys will give the whole thing a good clean.

#5 EctoHanro OFFLINE  

EctoHanro

Combat Commando

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:01 PM

Update! A bit of ethanol and the whole thing is working perfectly! Thanks again guys! (whose up for a round of frogger, or maybe bezerk.. or perhaps breakout!! bwahaahahahaahah)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users