IGNORED

Pardon the Newb but...

Bad Man Jose

How accurate would you say that the Rarityguide.com site is in valuing Intellivision games?

I'm not a collector, but I do like a good deal when I see one and I love to play old video game systems. I currently have an Atari 2600, NES and Sega Genesis to go with my Playstation 3. I've owned pretty much every game system that's been released since NES at one time or another.

My fondest memories are of playing Intellivision at my grandparents (I'm 32, they bought it for us to play) and whooping my older brother on our Atari and 13" black and white TV.

I look forward to reading all of the great INTV info that you guys post. Until yesterday, I never knew they sold under other brands, so I look foward to learning more.

Thank you!

http://www.rarityguide.com/intellivision_view.php Here is the Intellivision section for the lazy.

I looked at a few titles, some seemed correct. Then i went to check out Spiker Super Pro Volleyball. they have the CIB price at 240.00? and NIB at 600.00?

I didnt think Spiker ever came 'sealed' so how can there be a NIB? Even the price of 600.00 is about half of what is has been selling for.

And a Mud Buggies for 700.00? WAAYYYYY off.

The best way to find out prices is to check Ebay completed items.

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks everyone. I looked at the Rarity Guide and I looked at vprette's guide. Thats why I was asking bcause there seems to be a difference between the two. Basically I have an opportunity to get a system and a number of CIB games for, what appears based on these guides, a decent price. I'm just trying to be careful to not over pay as nostalgia can sometimes get the better of a person when making decisions

I have not played an INTV for about 25 years, so I'm excited to get back into it.

Thanks everyone. I looked at the Rarity Guide and I looked at vprette's guide. Thats why I was asking bcause there seems to be a difference between the two. Basically I have an opportunity to get a system and a number of CIB games for, what appears based on these guides, a decent price. I'm just trying to be careful to not over pay as nostalgia can sometimes get the better of a person when making decisions

I have not played an INTV for about 25 years, so I'm excited to get back into it.

do it! :-)

and in general if you buy a stock with more games at once, the price should be lower than adding the value of each single game

Do you know what system is is and if it's boxed?

Also how many games and are they in the boxes?

Do you happen to know any titles, that can make a big difference as well.

Welcome! As Rev mentioned, I'd suggest getting a list of games and we'll give you our thoughts as to pricing, we're more than happy to help new members of the INTV community. :)

Do you know what system is is and if it's boxed?

Also how many games and are they in the boxes?

Do you happen to know any titles, that can make a big difference as well.

Sylvania-GTE Master Component w/ all connectors and the instruction book (No box)

Intellivoice in box

Games (all have inlays, instructions and box unless mentioned)

Motocross (instructions and cart, no inlays or box)

Burgertime

Lock 'n' Chase

Centipede (Atarisoft)

Astrosmash

Tron Deadly Discs

B-17 Bomber

Bomb Squad

Space Spartans

Solar Sailer

Shark! Shark!

Snafu

Sharpshot

NFL Football

Utopia

Space Hawk

Star Strike

Boxing

Bowling

Tennis

Major League Baseball

Basketball

NHL Hockey

PGA Golf

Skiing

Sea Battle

Armor Battle

Night Stalker

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons

Tron Maze-a-Tron

Triple Action

Frog Bog

Sub Hunt

Space Battle

Poker & Blackjack

Space Armada

Horse Racing

Vectron

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons (different, can't remember subtitle)

World Cup Soccer

Auto Racing

Donkey Kong

Carnival

Dracula (IMAGIC)

Nova Blast (IMAGIC)

Atlantis (IMAGIC)

Demon Attack (IMAGIC)

Ice Trek (IMAGIC)

Beauty & The Beast (IMAGIC)

Most of the games you mention are $3-5 if purchased individually (assuming CIB and very good condition), but in a very large lot the cost per game can get as low as $1-2 each for the dirt-common titles. Tron: Solar Sailer, World Cup Soccer, and a few of the third-party games are worth more, though none are among the system's rarest games. No idea how to value the Sylvania system.

Is there a difference in value between the rebranded master components and the original?

Suppose that depends on you. I have the Mattel Intv 1 and the Radio Shack version. While there may not be a big difference in their monetary value, I tend to like the RS version's wood grain look more than the Mattel. Other than the facade, they are the exact same system. Sort of the same as having green drapes and red drapes.

Is there a difference in value between the rebranded master components and the original?

sure..

Maybe a better question is, should I expect to pay more because it's branded Sylvania rather than Mattel?

The Sylvania system usually draws a bit of a premium over the original, but unfortunately the Sylvania box is where the biggest premium lies, there are incredibly hard to find.

sure..

Maybe a better question is, should I expect to pay more because it's branded Sylvania rather than Mattel?

The Sylvania system usually draws a bit of a premium over the original, but unfortunately the Sylvania box is where the biggest premium lies, there are incredibly hard to find.

I'm guessing that's because of the detailed description of the keyboard that's on the back of it?