Photo

SUPLIST Basic?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Larry OFFLINE  

Larry

River Patroller

• 2,371 posts

Posted Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:33 AM

"SUPLIST Basic" and "Mandala Magic" were a couple of programs written back in the 1984 (or so) period. The programs were sold through user groups -- (IIRC) the user group bought a license and then could distribute it to all its members. It was for a long time, "the best of the best" in listing unlistable Basic programs. Finally I ran upon a program that it couldn't touch, so I contacted the author who still lived at his original address. He sent me an updated version (SUPLIST BASIC II) for maybe $10 that was compiled with the ABC compiler. In addition to other minor improvements, the program ran much faster. That was important because the original was so very slow -- it took a half-hour to re-list a 150 line Basic program. Good, but very slow. And of course, his program is well hidden on the disk.

Unfortunately over the years the new disk became unusable -- probably something that I did accidently writing over it or such. By then the author had moved on, so there was no chance in getting another copy -- unless anyone has a copy of it or has made a regular disk out of the original. I certainly have other good LISTERS, but losing that one has always been irritating.

By any chance does anyone have a copy or either an unprotected version of the original or version II? If so, please PM me.

Thanks,
Larry

#2 rdea6 OFFLINE  

rdea6

Stargunner

• 1,630 posts

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:09 PM

Larry,

Try this link to Gury's Page 6-- Unlock 1.2.

http://gury.atari8.i...e_code/2642.htm

It is also in the Holmes CD2 under \Programming\Basic\unlok2.bas ...

This might be it I have used it for several unlistable programs.

Like this one..

Attached File  MENU.BAS   1.95KB   61 downloads

Good Luck.

Edited by rdea6, Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:47 PM.

#3 Larry OFFLINE  

Larry

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,371 posts

Posted Mon Mar 5, 2012 10:15 AM

Thanks, Roy, I appreciate your efforts.

I have a bunch of these "listers" (some quite sophisticated), but these are not the one I'm looking for. I may have to do it the "old fashioned way" -- slug my way through the multiple hidden directories and see if I can find all the "hidden stuff."

-Larry

#4 CharlieChaplin OFFLINE  

CharlieChaplin

Stargunner

• 1,668 posts

Posted Mon Mar 5, 2012 12:57 PM

Hello Larry,

attached you will find some Atari Basic Listers and Deprotectors I have in my collection. The program you are searching for is surely not among them, but maybe these programs are usefull too. The ATR image contains six programs:

BASLIST.BAS: one of the first Abbuc programs, this one can deprotect Basic programs that are protected with Poke Peek... usually in the last line of a Basic listing

RSTATION: the Repair Station, a compiled Basic program, it can deprotect various Basic list protections, except the one mentioned above in BasList.BAS (Poke Peek...); fixed programs are saved in tokenized form as *.FIX

LISTBAS.COM: another Basic deprotector by a german hacker; it can deprotect various list protections and show the listable file on screen, printer or diskette (on disk it is using the List-format, so you have to use Enter"D:Filename.Ext" to load it)

Deprot4.BAS: and another Basic deprotector program
Deprot5.BAS: yet another Basic deprotector program
Decode.BAS: still another Basic deprotector program

All remaining 1-sector files are extremely small tools that I use from time to time (e.g. Basic-off, Coldstart, etc.; usually I append games/apps/demos to them so they switch off Basic or do a coldstart when Reset is pressed, etc.)...

Greetings, Andreas Koch.

Attached Files

#5 Larry OFFLINE  

Larry

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,371 posts

Posted Tue Mar 6, 2012 5:13 AM

Hi Andreas-

Thanks! I'll definitely check them out. The Repair Station (in particular) is one that I consider quite sophisticated!

-Larry

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users