Photo

How many have a Electronic Games #1 and what is it's value now?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Spud OFFLINE  

Spud

Moonsweeper

• 268 posts

Posted Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:08 PM

I have one and was wondering about it's value and how rare it is now days.

#2 rolenta OFFLINE  

rolenta

Stargunner

• 1,029 posts

Posted Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:38 AM

I have one and was wondering about it's value and how rare it is now days.

I have one, which I bought the day it came out. I have idea of its worth.

#3 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 2,279 posts

Posted Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:45 AM

If I remember corectly,I bid on one of these a year or two ago on Ebay. I believe it went for around $75. Not 100% sure, but I am pretty sure.

#4 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Quadrunner

• 9,292 posts
  • \m/

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:43 AM

Check what these have been going for on eBay...I believe I've seen them go for over $100

#5 Mirage OFFLINE  

Mirage

Quadrunner

• 6,634 posts
  • Have a problem? Hire the Envious Snakes!

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:50 AM

I'm still a little bitter toward my friend's mom who threw out my entire collection when I loaned them to her son. :|

#6 triverse OFFLINE  

triverse

Dragonstomper

• 510 posts

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:24 PM

Electronic Games #1 averages around $75 to $125 depending on condition and of course, who is buying and when. I have never seen one go for more than $125 though and that was awhile back, around 2007 or 2008.

#7 bangles66 OFFLINE  

bangles66

Moonsweeper

• 426 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:52 PM

I have one. I started reading EG when I found the second issue at the grocery store while shopping with my family. My mom bought it for me. After reading the letters section I saw someone from the neighboring town, wrote in. I was wondering if he still had the 1st issue as I would love to have it. So I had his name from the magazine and got out the phone book and found his name and phone number I realized quickly that his address was just down the street from my grandparents house that I spent a lot of time at. I called him and ask him if he still had it and wanted to sell it. I think I offered hime $10.00 for it which he accepted. I knew I would be at my grand parents house the next day and knew I could ride my bike over and pick it up. When I went downstairs and told my parents they said something to the effect that we should go get it right away in case he goes into work the next day and someone convinces him that he should get more money for it. I called him back and asked if I could come right over and pick it up, he agreed. My parents drove me to his home and I bought it. So now I have every issue of EG and all the issue of Arcade Express/Electronic Games Hotline. How much is it worth. I really don't care as I don't plan on selling. Although I do plan on selling the Arcade Express/ Electronic Games Hotline collection.

#8 AtariLeaf OFFLINE  

AtariLeaf

Quadrunner

• 8,690 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:41 PM

I'm still a little bitter toward my friend's mom who threw out my entire collection when I loaned them to her son. :|

My evil stepmother threw out mine. I had almost all of them, including the first issue :mad:

#9 rolenta OFFLINE  

rolenta

Stargunner

• 1,029 posts

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:06 AM

I have one. I started reading EG when I found the second issue at the grocery store while shopping with my family. My mom bought it for me. After reading the letters section I saw someone from the neighboring town, wrote in. I was wondering if he still had the 1st issue as I would love to have it. So I had his name from the magazine and got out the phone book and found his name and phone number I realized quickly that his address was just down the street from my grandparents house that I spent a lot of time at. I called him and ask him if he still had it and wanted to sell it. I think I offered hime $10.00 for it which he accepted. I knew I would be at my grand parents house the next day and knew I could ride my bike over and pick it up. When I went downstairs and told my parents they said something to the effect that we should go get it right away in case he goes into work the next day and someone convinces him that he should get more money for it. I called him back and asked if I could come right over and pick it up, he agreed. My parents drove me to his home and I bought it. So now I have every issue of EG and all the issue of Arcade Express/Electronic Games Hotline. How much is it worth. I really don't care as I don't plan on selling. Although I do plan on selling the Arcade Express/ Electronic Games Hotline collection.

The first letter printed in that second issue of EGM was by me. Since the first issue consisted of letters written by people in the industry before the magazine came out, I have the distinction of having the first fan letter ever published in a videogame magazine.

#10 high voltage OFFLINE  

high voltage

River Patroller

• 4,120 posts
  • Location:America, Asia, Europe, Aus, Antartica, Africa, Outer Space

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:53 AM

So 1981 was the year for the first 3 video and computer games magazines?

Electronic Games (USA)
Computer Gaming World (november 1981, USA)
C&VG (november 1981, UK)

What month was the first Electronic Games magazine?

#11 rolenta OFFLINE  

rolenta

Stargunner

• 1,029 posts

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:33 AM

So 1981 was the year for the first 3 video and computer games magazines?

Electronic Games (USA)
Computer Gaming World (november 1981, USA)
C&VG (november 1981, UK)

What month was the first Electronic Games magazine?

C&VG beat Electronic Games by about two weeks. The cover date of EG was Winter 1982.

#12 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• 8,195 posts

Posted Wed May 30, 2012 10:03 AM

Ahhhh...memories. Cool to know that Leonard's letter was printed, I didn't have that issue or the 1st issue. I started with the June 82' issue....I discovered it at a Grocery store with my mom. After that I bought every issue till 85' and of course I handed them over to my sister for "safe keeping" while I was off to college and never saw them again.

I wish they were in PDF somewhere.....

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users