Photo

This Ti-99/4a pic always makes me laugh

53 replies to this topic

#51 Ksarul ONLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,847 posts

Posted Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:38 PM

@schmitzi, yep--I know that one quite well. I modified it from 110V to 220V on my kitchen table when I lived in Landstuhl. . .

#52 schmitzi ONLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,389 posts
  • toxic

Posted Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:20 AM

ah, I was wondering about 220 Volts :)

#53 AuTomato OFFLINE  

AuTomato

Space Invader

• 42 posts

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:58 PM

I should have figured there was "cross-over," but I am - I confess it - a dabbler in the TI-99/4A community, as you can probably tell by my sig.  My main interest is Commodore, but I picked up a TI-99/4A at a retro convention near Philly a couple of years ago and I have played around with the machine.  Need to get a storage device so I can REALLY play around with it, but I prefer 5.25" disks to tapes and that gets a little pricey/difficult with the TI-99/4A, it would seem.

Keep an eye for the NanoPEB on eBay. Batches are still built from time to time and you just have to be patient to catch one. It provides 32k of RAM, 3 virtual floppy drives, an RS232 port, and it stores a virtual library of floppy disks on a CF card. Definitely more economical than buying a PEB, and it takes up far less space to boot!

I was crestfallen when I realized that they weren't in stock anywhere, so I set up a stored search on eBay and "followed" him on ebay and I got lucky that a batch showed up on eBay within a couple of weeks. YMMV, of course, but as long as there is still interest in the boards I think the guy will keep making them.

His ebay screename is schmutzig1952. Don't know what his name is on Atariage, or if he's regularly active or anything like that but I'm still relatively new around here.

Edited by AuTomato, Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:07 PM.

#54 Ksarul ONLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,847 posts

Posted Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:57 PM

His name is Jaime Malilong, but he isn't active here (or on any of the online fora).

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users