IGNORED

Which of these three pic labels are the hardest to find?

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I'm curious what you think is the hardest to find picture label of the following three games:

FUN WITH NUMBERS

FLAG CAPTURE

GAME OF CONCENTRATION

I have always been into label variations and have Fun With Numbers and Flag Capture but am still on the hunt for Concentration. I know the AA rarity guide states that the text and picture label for Fun With Numbers and Concentration are the same rarity but I disagree with that. So, forgetting for a moment about what the rarity guide says, what are your experiences and what do you think? Also, what do you think the going rate is for each of these, cart only? Thanks for any thoughts!

STMOA

I found this many of the picture labels (eBay)

FUN WITH NUMBERS

NONE!

FLAG CAPTURE

GAME OF CONCENTRATION

NONE!

So i dunno.

I only see 2 Flag Capture pic labels on ebay. Unless you are counting the person using a stock photo which most likely doesn't have the pic label version.

• 2 weeks later...
I think Blackjack is super hard to find as well.AtariBlackjackM(g).JPG

For the record,

I would trade heavy for this yellow picture label Black Jack cartridge.

As well as the original 1978 green picture label Flag Capture as well.

Edited by Supergun

Wow, I didn't realize that Atari was still making Black Jack in 1986.

I have a picture label Flag Capture and it is from the same time period (Instruction have a black and white image on the cover). I imagine the box was black and white too, but I don't remember.

• 1 month later...

I have a two 1986 pic Flag Capture carts and technically don't even collect variations so I think it is pretty common!

Sold a Black Jack pic some time ago to someone on here I think, but don't remember how much it was.

I have a two 1986 pic Flag Capture carts and technically don't even collect variations so I think it is pretty common!

Sold a Black Jack pic some time ago to someone on here I think, but don't remember how much it was.

I'll buy one of those common 1986 Flag Capture pic label carts from ya!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, my Miniature Golf picture label cartridge is PAL, and I do believe it was indeed a PAL only release.

But Miniature Golf is a "normal" picture label cartridge, not one of those 1986 re-release picture label carts which mostly came in the newer cart shells.

I strongly believe that there was also a normal picture label version of slot machine as well, possibly also PAL just like Miniature Golf, but nonetheless manufactured, and we just have yet to find one.

The reason I come to this logical conclusion is because slot machine is the ONLY text label release that did NOT also have a picture label re-release. It would seem that there were a total of 7 games which for years caused uncertainty as to their availability as a picture label cartridge, 4 of them finally came about in 1986 when Atari relaunched the 2600. (Concentration, Flag Capture, Black Jack, Fun with Numbers; and all of them say "use with paddle controllers, even though they are not all paddle controller games so this clearly shows the labels were designed at the same time) Then we have the odd, but nonetheless "picture label style" Star Ship. And then we have the PAL Miniature Golf we spoke of. This leaves just ONE game, Slot Machine. (I put a Sears SLOTS cartridge in the picture for illustration purposes only)

And last but not least, since Flag Capture turned up in a "normal" picture label format, who's to say that some of the others will not as well? So truthfully, anything is possible, but a picture label Slot Machine cart does seem highly probable.

post-17556-0-63550800-1336265795_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...

Bumping this thread because today a good friend of mine found this today at a local used game store! Absolutely amazing if you ask me. As far as I know, it's only the second one that has ever surfaced?post-17556-0-27967100-1461967160_thumb.jpeg

(I already expressed to him my extreme interest in the item, so I got dibs on this one guys, don't even try to interfere! :)

• Like 3

Bumping this thread because today a good friend of mine found this today at a local used game store! Absolutely amazing if you ask me. As far as I know, it's only the second one that has ever surfaced?attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

(I already expressed to him my extreme interest in the item, so I got dibs on this one guys, don't even try to interfere! :)

:-o