IGNORED

Goodbye f*d pirates

Sikor

i already told you later days...... see other post where your crying at.

No need to make another topic. if your leaving, leave. no loss here.

BTW, i think i saw my name on one of those programs too from the early 80's . Im going to send you to jail for playing it without my permission!!!

You make a topic for THIS? Just go! I have read enough about your whining, complaining, crying and accusations. LEAVE, you will not be missed. Newsflash, you cannot stop all the torrents, archive, bundles, files from the Atari computers being distributed. You keep bitching about the sharing and distributing from members here well good thing you are not aware of all the distributing going on outside of this site, it would blow your mind! Get over it.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Sikor, please don't be angry about people sharing files, you can't control people. You can only control your own actions.

Take candle for example. He produces a few products and it lands him a job. That is how he gets a return on his efforts.

You need to wrap your brain around this: You writing software is an investment in yourself. Complaining = destroying your investment in other people.

• Like 1

You're surprised about piracy on a computer architecture that's been dead for 20 years? Really?! Hell, without some pirating you can't even FIND most of the software for the machine. Artificial scarcity has no place on historic systems that haven't been produced in decades.

I've noticed people leaving some of the larger new games alone (Tempest Xtreem, Xenophobe, etc) and not including them in archives so their authors can recoup some expenses and make a few bucks. That's more than you would EVER get from the PC crowd. Maybe if you brought it up in a civil manner to people they'd pull your stuff out.

If you were trying to make money wouldn't it be a better idea to target a system that still has a large enough user base to be profitable? Ya know, one that makes piracy a pain in the ass.....like the iPhone or something. You know, a computer that people CAN'T use however they please? Just a thought....

Edited by kogden

Like I said in the other thread, your problem was the way you attempted limited allowed distribution. It was unclear, and this was bound to happen. No one was trying to rip you off, it's just stuff gets downloaded and mixed in and it's no one's fault. You could have avoided most or all of this by setting it up better to begin with.

It's sad to see a programmer leave the scene, but with the attitude you're displaying about this, you leaving is probably for the best for everyone.

• Like 1

i vote for lunatic asylum for sikor - its where he belongs, and prooven this many times before

sanity is something completly alien to him

I was more thinking he was a minion of the new Atari...

sloopy.

• Like 2

Wow, this sucks. We need more people writing software, not less.

We really don't. This is a 30 year old computer. There is plenty of software for whatever you can imagine. It's interesting when someone creates something, but there is no way I'm going to buy software for a 30 year old computer. No way.

It's hard to believe, but I have almost any title in my collection original. My prefered medium is tape. Not because tapes are so usefull (they aren't). NO because of the looks of the cases and their booklet/label. It looks great.

Also original disks + case. They are cool too.

And now to be hongest (and less kind). I have seen you advertising your software Sikor. And I have NEVER considered one single second to buy any title from you. They did not look nice, and all your advertesing was always about only one thing: making money.

When you want to make money... offer interesting goods. Like Steven Tucker does. He makes little money on his products too, but he sells excellent (really EXCELLENT) stuff; and his after sales service is perfect too.

I have never the idea it's about money at Steven Tucker.

I haven't download the torrent (I even don't know how that works), but I'm very GLAD now, since I do not want one of your titles in my Atari collection. Not original, not copied.

I can't speak for others, but I think more people would be glad if they get rid of your titles after this download.

• Like 1

but there is no way I'm going to buy software for a 30 year old computer. No way.

Well that is a bit strange too IMO. Why not? I buy new software all the time. I want to encourage developers to create new games. As soon as no (good) new titles will come to atari, I think a lot of people will lose interest.

I love new titles like: Ocean Detox, Yoomp, Animal Party, Tempest Extreem etc.

Ok the first three were kind of 'free'.... although I am a Abbuc Member so I paid my 'share' in the prize these games won.

The Tempest Xtreem cart was rather expensive, but worth every single penny. It's a great title!

But Sikor is a different story. He was really after selling, selling, selling. I have never had the idea that Sikor was a treasure for the Atari community. So perhaps it is a good thing that he left.

• Like 2