ANTIC versions, with the a real screen on, doing things, with 15.6K playback rate..
It does need some memory expansion though!
Trying to work around the 16K ROM footprint of the the NES music code, and then 16K of RAM needed to capture APU writes (and other things) is just too much of a hole for me too keep working around.. I took the NSF relocator out because it was corrupting some tunes.. I tried some other methods of figuring out if I was looking at code or data but nothing was utterly fool proof.. So.. I resorted to using a 16KB bank to do the capturing.. I didn't want to waste lots of time on something that's not important in the long run.. That aside, something has broken somewhere.. Tunes that once did play have gone a bit wonky here and there, something is corrupting something somewhere.. God.. I hate searching for those kind of bugs!
Anyway... You now get the same display as the VBXE, but using ANTIC, so it's mostly mode E and a real world kind of setup..
And note.... Big note.. This is running with wsync stabilised IRQs which means it's burning more time than necessary, but sounds nicer.. It has highlighted that there's no way on earth that you're going to have 15.6K (with it stabilised) output when using mode 2 or 4/5 with the entire badline.. That said, the non-stabilised version doesn't sound too bad actually