• 1,641 posts

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:41 PM

1050 USD

#27 fibrewire OFFLINE  

fibrewire

Stargunner

• 1,516 posts

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:51 PM

I use two XF551 drives with a 130XE for regular floppy stuff, and an 815 for "The Shrine"

#28 Ransom ONLINE  

Ransom

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 3,820 posts
  • Cartridge Gaming Enthusiast

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:46 PM

I use two XF551 drives with a 130XE for regular floppy stuff, and an 815 for "The Shrine"

The 815 definitely deserves to be in a shrine. I think we all drooled over those back in the day, as we were loading from tape...

#29 Faicuai OFFLINE  

Faicuai

Dragonstomper

• 560 posts

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:51 PM

The setup is simple:

1. Main drive is NUXX (SD) drive, which is a MUST.
2. 5 1/4 Floppy #1 is a fully operational, close-to-mint Indus GT + 64K RamCharger (flashable EPROM).
3. 5 1/4 Floppy #2 is a fully operational, close-to-mint Indus GT (stock config.), with ROM chip.
4. I was looking forward to add the SIDE HD, but (although a solid concept), I am pretty close from terminating my plans, due to abysmal performance of supplier.
5. In order to ensure long-term availability, here's the extra inventory:
  • two (2) complete Indus GT drives in the form of spare-parts kits: anything I need is there.
  • one (1) complete 1050 set, stock, in excellent condition and fully operational. This one will eventually go / be sold.
The above setup represents (to me), the most portable, functionally versatile and best-built HW + available SW (supported by SDX), while still leaving the 800XL PBI port available for further exploration and other toys.

Enjoy,

F.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users