Photo

Playing Multiplayer Games - Experiences?

13 replies to this topic

#1 woolfman OFFLINE  

woolfman

Chopper Commander

• 123 posts

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:17 PM

Hello,

since I am always playing alone ( ;-( ), I´d like to know how everyones experience is :

What games are great to play up to 4 or 6 players, from your experience?
Do games generally get slower, the more players are connected?
Stability issues?
Anything else?

Thanks!

#2 chris_lynx1989 OFFLINE  

chris_lynx1989

Dragonstomper

• 894 posts
  • Cool,isn't it?

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:47 PM

No,usually comlynx was fine for me on California Games,Rampage,Pit-Fighter,Checkered Flag,Road Riot 4WD and Xenophobe. :)

Other greats are BattleWheels,Warbirds and Slime World!

#3 woolfman OFFLINE  

woolfman

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 123 posts

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:49 AM

What was your biggest session so far? 6 Players or less? Do get games slower with more players connected?

#4 Ayreon OFFLINE  

Ayreon

Moonsweeper

• 283 posts

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:52 AM

I never noticed any slowdown or lag when playing checkered flag at a couple of the E-Jag events. Never noticed it with Warbirds, California Games, rampage,battle wheels or slime world either although I never really have been playing those for long.

#5 LynxVGL OFFLINE  

LynxVGL

Moonsweeper

• 260 posts

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:23 AM

No problems with 4 Player Slime World. Man, those were the days... :)

#6 Isgoed OFFLINE  

Isgoed

Stargunner

• 1,103 posts

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 PM

There isn't really "slowdown", but some games definitely have a slower constant pace with 4 players or more.

It's been a while since I played comlynx games, but from the top of my head are Battlezone and Zarlor Mercenary absolutely slower with 4 players.

#7 EricDeLee OFFLINE  

EricDeLee

Quadrunner

• 5,751 posts

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:45 PM

I have only played against 1 other person. One day I'll get to play against a bunch of people. That's why I hope Handy gets fixed one days where we can play online against each other. That would be really cool

#8 chris_lynx1989 OFFLINE  

chris_lynx1989

Dragonstomper

• 894 posts
  • Cool,isn't it?

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:10 PM

What was your biggest session so far? 6 Players or less? Do get games slower with more players connected?

3 players on California Games,3 players on Rampage,2 players on Pit-Fighter,2 players on Road Riot 4WD and 2 players on Xenophobe.

No slowing down in every case but Checkered Flag,as I remember it.:)Comlynx cables were both neat and a real bitch too. :roll: I liked Infrastructure gaming on my PSP MUCH BETTER from 2005 till now. ;)

#9 chris_lynx1989 OFFLINE  

chris_lynx1989

Dragonstomper

• 894 posts
  • Cool,isn't it?

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:33 PM

Also,I forgot to add Hyperdrome as a great game with 4 players!No slowdown on it at all.I had a ball playing it. :)

In my earlier post,I was not slamming the comlynx feature on Lynx... Just commenting on how GREAT wireless gaming has been for me since my Lynxing days. :) Too bad the Lynx wasn't just a bit more ahead of it's time by offering Wi-Fi functionality too.Would've been great!

#10 BillyHW OFFLINE  

BillyHW

Stargunner

• 1,620 posts

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:59 AM

I have only played against 1 other person. One day I'll get to play against a bunch of people. That's why I hope Handy gets fixed one days where we can play online against each other. That would be really cool

Yeah, handy needs multi-player and video recording. How 'bad would internet lag be though?

#11 SwedenLynxer OFFLINE  

SwedenLynxer

Dragonstomper

• 687 posts

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:37 AM

I tried Battlewheels and Warbirds and a few others comlynxed a long time ago. Worked perfect. Unfortunately I havn't done any comlynx gaming for many years now. We need to gather Lynx-people and organize a Lynx feast.

One day I'll get to play against a bunch of people. That's why I hope Handy gets fixed one days where we can play online against each other. That would be really cool

Even better of course would be to use the REAL hardware for online play, not handy.

#12 karri OFFLINE  

karri

Stargunner

• 1,432 posts

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:15 AM

When I was playtesting Championship Rally I had it at a evening party at work. We played it with 4 Lynxes in multiplayer mode and it worked with no slowdown.

champ3.gif

Personally I like Championship Rally in multiplayer a lot. If you know the tracks well you can cheat and take shortcuts, bump into bushes and push them on the track to distract other players.

The driving tactics are also different on the alpine tack, in the city and on Formel race track.

This game also has a very nice opion to tune the cars. If you play against a noob you can slow down your own car to make the race more interesting.
For single player it also has a ghost car that shows how you drove on your previous/best lap.
--
Karri

Edited by karri, Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:18 AM.

#13 BillyHW OFFLINE  

BillyHW

Stargunner

• 1,620 posts

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:20 PM

I tried Battlewheels and Warbirds and a few others comlynxed a long time ago. Worked perfect. Unfortunately I havn't done any comlynx gaming for many years now. We need to gather Lynx-people and organize a Lynx feast.

One day I'll get to play against a bunch of people. That's why I hope Handy gets fixed one days where we can play online against each other. That would be really cool

Even better of course would be to use the REAL hardware for online play, not handy.

Do you mean a Comlynx to USB and software to connect everybody? That would be pretty cool.

#14 Amstari OFFLINE  

Amstari

Moonsweeper

• 498 posts

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:11 PM

Online play with real hardware has been briefly discussed in another thread. I had an idea but I haven't done anything about it.

http://www.atariage....ost__p__2464242

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users