IGNORED

Playing Multiplayer Games - Experiences?

woolfman

What was your biggest session so far? 6 Players or less? Do get games slower with more players connected?

3 players on California Games,3 players on Rampage,2 players on Pit-Fighter,2 players on Road Riot 4WD and 2 players on Xenophobe.

No slowing down in every case but Checkered Flag,as I remember it.:)Comlynx cables were both neat and a real bitch too. :roll: I liked Infrastructure gaming on my PSP MUCH BETTER from 2005 till now. ;)

Also,I forgot to add Hyperdrome as a great game with 4 players!No slowdown on it at all.I had a ball playing it. :)

In my earlier post,I was not slamming the comlynx feature on Lynx... Just commenting on how GREAT wireless gaming has been for me since my Lynxing days. :) Too bad the Lynx wasn't just a bit more ahead of it's time by offering Wi-Fi functionality too.Would've been great!

I have only played against 1 other person. One day I'll get to play against a bunch of people. That's why I hope Handy gets fixed one days where we can play online against each other. That would be really cool

Yeah, handy needs multi-player and video recording. How 'bad would internet lag be though?

I tried Battlewheels and Warbirds and a few others comlynxed a long time ago. Worked perfect. Unfortunately I havn't done any comlynx gaming for many years now. We need to gather Lynx-people and organize a Lynx feast.

One day I'll get to play against a bunch of people. That's why I hope Handy gets fixed one days where we can play online against each other. That would be really cool

Even better of course would be to use the REAL hardware for online play, not handy.

When I was playtesting Championship Rally I had it at a evening party at work. We played it with 4 Lynxes in multiplayer mode and it worked with no slowdown.

post-2099-0-71704000-1330190197_thumb.gif

Personally I like Championship Rally in multiplayer a lot. If you know the tracks well you can cheat and take shortcuts, bump into bushes and push them on the track to distract other players.

The driving tactics are also different on the alpine tack, in the city and on Formel race track.

This game also has a very nice opion to tune the cars. If you play against a noob you can slow down your own car to make the race more interesting.

For single player it also has a ghost car that shows how you drove on your previous/best lap.

--

Karri

Edited by karri

I tried Battlewheels and Warbirds and a few others comlynxed a long time ago. Worked perfect. Unfortunately I havn't done any comlynx gaming for many years now. We need to gather Lynx-people and organize a Lynx feast.

One day I'll get to play against a bunch of people. That's why I hope Handy gets fixed one days where we can play online against each other. That would be really cool

Even better of course would be to use the REAL hardware for online play, not handy.

Do you mean a Comlynx to USB and software to connect everybody? That would be pretty cool.