Jump to content


Needed: SC1224 Monitor cable. (JVC model)

1 reply to this topic

#1 Charlie_ OFFLINE  


    River Patroller

  • 2,870 posts
  • Location:NJ, USA

Posted Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:28 PM

I have a SC1224 monitor here but I am missing the cable.
If anyone has a cable to spare I'd like to buy it.
Maybe you had a JVC SC1224 that died or something.....

Anyway I know I can buy the DIN-13 and wire one up, I'd rather get one this way as my soldering skills arent great and the DIN-13 can be hard to do.


#2 SEgamer OFFLINE  



  • 535 posts

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 PM

Edit: finally remembered what the contacts are called.

If it comes down to you having to make a cable, then here's a somewhat easy way to do it without having to carefully maneuver the soldering iron around the pins. Some connectors have pins on the inside that can't be soldered to even after cleaning/scratching the surface of the pin.(I've tried before and the solder will just slide/pop off easily) So you solder these female contacts to each wire that you can connect/clamp to the pins. The only term I could find for these contacts are "female crimp pins" which look like this:

Posted Image

To keep them from sliding off, I usually either cover them with heatshrink and/or use hot glue to secure them.

Edited by SEgamer, Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:52 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users