IGNORED

Jack and the Beanstalk

moycon

Indeed, we did a limited run of numbered carts (1-25) for PRGE 2010 that included a manual. As Rick pointed out, they sold out long ago, however I just talked with atari2600land and he's ok if we were to do another run of the cartridges. Of course if we did it, the label and manual would have some minor changes to keep the special PRGE 2010 run "special" :) so if there is some real interest in it, another run could be produced.

Edited by seanhq

Uhm, what? Neo made this years ago, I know since I made the carts. :ponder:

http://www.atariage....-2600-test-copy

The proto cart you produced back then was a work in progress version of the game. The version that was released at PRGE 2010 was complete and done with atari2600land's approval and support of the special release. As mentioned above I talked with him on the phone earlier today and he's perfectly fine with it being released in cartridge form again and since there are people who want it, maybe you could take on the project of producing more? :)

I was getting set up to release Jack and the Beanstalk but it just never came together. I believe I had two cartridges made by CPUWIZ to check out the label design more then the game itself. I never knew that the game had an actual release. I wish I had known, Then maybe I could have done something with the 30 copies of Abbot and Costello's Jack and the Beanstalk DVD's. What label was used on the released version of the game?

All programming was done by atari2600land.

So I am curious, is there any chance of a re-release? This looks like a fantastic game.

BTW, I really like the test lables CPU made!

I've been talking with CPU about doing a re-release of the game, so for now I'm compiling a list of who wants one so it can be price quoted. If we end up doing a re-release, the label would be different then the one used for PRGE 2010. I guess CPU could do a label design, but as mentioned price and quanitity is still being flushed out.

Edited by seanhq
  • Like 1

any update if this game might be re-released or not?

As mentioned in my comment above I've been in discussions with CPU about doing a re-release run, but it's looking good for a re-release. For now if you are interested in getting a copy on cartridge, please send me a private message so I can add you to the "want list".

Edited by seanhq

• 4 weeks later...