Photo

5200 HSC Season 5 Round 3 poll

12 replies to this topic

Poll: 5200 HSC Season 5 Round 3 poll (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Third round's the charm?

1. Space Dungeon (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Pengo (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

3. Wizard Of Wor (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

4. K-razy Shootout (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Vanguard (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote

#1 zylon OFFLINE  

zylon

River Patroller

• 4,736 posts
  • 5200 HSC Mod

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:24 PM

Pick our poison. :P
Poll closes Sunday, March 4th 2012 @ 9pm EST.

Let me know what other 8-bit computers you have access to for future reference on possible bonus challenges. (i.e. C64, A8, Vic-20, Apple II, Ti99, etc.)

#2 BydoEmpire OFFLINE  

BydoEmpire

River Patroller

• 2,233 posts

Posted Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 PM

Let me know what other 8-bit computers you have access to for future reference on possible bonus challenges. (i.e. C64, A8, Vic-20, Apple II, Ti99, etc.)

I have an Apple 2 hooked up, but almost no software. My XEGS is ready to go, but only about a dozen carts. C64 in the closet.

I would normally have voted Space Dungeon - I definitely want to play it in the HSC, but I went with Pengo this time around. I just haven't played it in a long time.

Edited by BydoEmpire, Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:17 PM.

#3 zylon OFFLINE  

zylon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,736 posts
  • 5200 HSC Mod

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:33 AM

I like Pengo, but there is a game mechanic that can be abused to run up the score. (see thread from last time we played) Where all you need to do is stand in the corner and keep hitting the walls. Should it be considered "camping"?

your thoughts folks?

#4 sdamon OFFLINE  

sdamon

Stargunner

• 1,062 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:25 AM

I think this is the post in question (from the 8-bit HSC, actually.) I feel we should abstain from these sort of tactics in all these games... but especially one like this, where any one can run up the score with no skil involved. We can still play Pengo, there just needs to be an agreement to play the game the way it was meant to be played.

While I have many, many consoles, I'm actually pretty light on 8-bit computers other than the Atari ones. I do have a TI, but no arcade games for it. I'm sure I could get emulation working if you're looking to add bonus rounds on other machines.

#5 JacobZu7zu7 OFFLINE  

JacobZu7zu7

River Patroller

• 3,655 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:49 AM

I like Pengo, but there is a game mechanic that can be abused to run up the score. (see thread from last time we played) Where all you need to do is stand in the corner and keep hitting the walls. Should it be considered "camping"?

your thoughts folks?

Yes that should NOT be allowed... no camp Crystal Penging...!
In fact I'd go further and dismiss the old Pengo score record, if they "kicked walls" to get their score up...

#6 ahuffman OFFLINE  

ahuffman

Chopper Commander

• 155 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:43 AM

I don't have the hardware, but I have emulators for c64, vic-20, apple II, A8 and Amiga.

#7 BydoEmpire OFFLINE  

BydoEmpire

River Patroller

• 2,233 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:27 AM

your thoughts folks?

Yes that should NOT be allowed... no camp Crystal Penging...!
In fact I'd go further and dismiss the old Pengo score record, if they "kicked walls" to get their score up...

Agreed, that kind of cheesing should NOT be allowed.

#8 roadrunner OFFLINE  

roadrunner

Quadrunner

• 7,678 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:50 PM

your thoughts folks?

Yeah, i agree too.
Should atariksi's all time record score be tossed out?
I see that trbb counted Divya16's Pengo score back in 2010
Both of them are banned from AA now, they were accused of being the same person.

#9 zylon OFFLINE  

zylon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,736 posts
  • 5200 HSC Mod

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:06 AM

your thoughts folks?

Yeah, i agree too.
Both of them are banned from AA now, they were accused of being the same person.

I would at least list on there how it was achieved. Once the "trick" was exposed, it carried over into the 5200 HSC. :(
http://www.atariage....ost__p__2044615
Hiding behind a diamond is still sporting IMO, but low. I'd recommend giving atariron82 the official record, for now.

Edited by zylon, Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:17 AM.

#10 roadrunner OFFLINE  

roadrunner

Quadrunner

• 7,678 posts

Posted Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:34 PM

your thoughts folks?

Yeah, i agree too.

I would at least list on there how it was achieved. Once the "trick" was exposed, it carried over into the 5200 HSC. :(
http://www.atariage....ost__p__2044615
Hiding behind a diamond is still sporting IMO, but low. I'd recommend giving atariron82 the official record, for now.

Alright, i added atariron82's score to the all time records and put an asterick and a bit of info next to atariksi's score.

Edited by roadrunner, Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:35 PM.

#11 chuckwalla OFFLINE  

chuckwalla

Dragonstomper

• 599 posts

Posted Sat Mar 3, 2012 12:27 PM

Lots of greats in that list but i'd like to see Space Dungeon (if not this time, maybe next time).

#12 zylon OFFLINE  

zylon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,736 posts
  • 5200 HSC Mod

Posted Sat Mar 3, 2012 11:05 PM

Lots of greats in that list but i'd like to see Space Dungeon (if not this time, maybe next time).

It should win sometime this season as we run out of choices. Attrition can be a good thing. :)

#13 zylon OFFLINE  

zylon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,736 posts
  • 5200 HSC Mod

Posted Sun Mar 4, 2012 8:18 PM

Looks like Pengo gets the nod this round. :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users