IGNORED

TurboPascal99 Questions

Willsy

That's problably the same problem I just described in this post: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/185137-bricks-demo/page__st__50?do=findComment&comment=2609401.

I tried to run WURM from the demos, it has the same problem and it was not compiled with my patched compiler.

I had to add BEGIN to your code to compile it (error 28).

PROGRAM T1;
BEGIN
 WRITELN(9900);
END.

duh, :grin: yeah that was a typo there.

I created a disk image that runs from DSK1 and that also has RUNLIB on there.

So were you able to do a full-cycle on the TI-99/4A or was it in classic99 ?

BTW I did manage to load/compile/assemble/link your version of the BRICKS demo using classic99. Very nice! ;-)

Edited by retroclouds

I just tried the full cycle with the hardware, it works.

The generated EA5 program runs even after a cold start. That was not the case with classic99 and MESS (it does not load RUNLIB).

So can I assume that you have succeeded in patching TP99 so it works without errors? This is so great! Can I upload your files to the Development Resources TP99 section and replace the old files?

So can I assume that you have succeeded in patching TP99 so it works without errors? This is so great! Can I upload your files to the Development Resources TP99 section and replace the old files?

If done I can then also add it to the 'Programming Languages' section in the Development Resources thread.

Guess we could do a zip file for emulation and a disk image for the CF7+ for using on the TI-99/4A

• 6 months later...

While this works perfectly fine in Classic 99, I can confirm that it unfortunately does not on real hardware... All I get is a blank blue screen, but the computer does not lock up. Same with the WURM program. What's on the real hardware that is not being correctly emulated by Classic99 that could account for this?

For reference, my hardware setup is a stock console with F18A, 32K, IDE card, RS232 with HDX and 2 DSSD drives. Pretty mundane stuff by the standards of the day. As retroclouds mentioned above, could this be related to the F18A?

Edited by Vorticon

Here's my hardware list used to run it without problem: stock console and nanopeb.

So I repeated the process using only my console with F18A and the CF7+, and I got the same problem. Therefore, since the only difference between your setup and mine is the F18A, I can only deduce that the problem lies with that. Matt, any thoughts on this?

In the RTF file translated by apersson850, it's written:

The source program is syntactically checked, then converted to machine language converted and saved to file.

Not clear, but assembly source could also be described as machine language.

There is also a file in german "KURZANL" for Kurzanleitung (Short description).

Ablauf: Programm mit Editor eingeben

------- Danach abspeichern (SA Filename)

Dann compilieren (CO Filename)

Assembler laden (ist mit auf der Diskette!)

Das compilierte File assemblieren

Das assemblierte File linken

It's written that you must load the assembler from the floppy and assemble the compiled files.