IGNORED

Super SALT diagnostic Carts.

santosp

Interesting I was just testing some of my old 8 bit protos and utility carts and see I have

Super Salt Rev, 3.03 from 1983. Interesting note it has an "Atari Rejected" labeled

that was written in as either 1250XL or 1200xl (not sure the third number was at the

crease so its not fully readable) however it is also labeled 400/800 SALT

These screens are quite different from what mine shows. Perhaps if it doesn't offend Faicuai too much you could share that ROM with us.

These screens are quite different from what mine shows. Perhaps if it doesn't offend Faicuai too much you could share that ROM with us.

Look at the previous post nr46-47 for this rom. Is exact same as the Faicuai one. D/L and try it. ;)

Edited by santosp

This one showed up on eBay, and just ended. But it appears to be a reproduction. The board inside is new. And the label doesn't match the version inside. Bruce at B&C used to have it.

The one screen shot here in the thread with v3.03 is interesting since I've only seen version A.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-400-800-CPS-SUPER-SALT-Rev-3-03X-/121210227716?nma=true&si=aRHRVXfH5fd8F97I1Jp59rwjezg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Atarimania has a cart image and it seems to be the only one I've seen with that label.

This one showed up on eBay, and just ended. But it appears to be a reproduction. The board inside is new. And the label doesn't match the version inside.

Do you mean cause is a fake one? How do you know cause the pcb is new and all the other details? Are you the new owner?

For God's sake 100$ for a fake Cartridge. :? Original listing said "the cartridge came from Atari warehouse before they closed up shop"..... :(

Look at the previous post nr46-47 for this rom. Is exact same as the Faicuai one. D/L and try it. ;)

Read and looked at post 46-47 and also the other thread post 190 and only see a version A.

The one I have is Rev 3.03 and looks much different. checked atarimaina and they only show the

Version A as well. Has there ever been another Rev. 3.03 found ? also there were other utility carts in the

collection when I purchased it, never found them listed anywhere else either. Sent scans and

info to Atarimania but never got a response or found them included in there data base ?

Here is a list of some of the other 8-bit carts found with this collection
(not a complete list)

(this list is a copy from my original post posted 2007)

Link to old post
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/108747-8-bit-protos-found-need-help-to-dump/

Here is a list of the Protos with some notes

Plato
------------------------------------
Plato title screen says:
Welcome to Plato Telelink 2-28-84
copyright 1984 Atari
Microbit 300 Baud

Disk Diagnostic
--------------------
Start screen reads:
810 Disc Field Exercise Rev: 0
Select Number Option:
1 Align (Disc Read Test)
2 Burn-In Test (W/O Format)

AtariWriter Rev# 16 Serial # 90
------------------------------------
has support for 80-column printers.
I dont think a cart was ever made with 1020 or 1027 option
Menu printer support
1 Atari 1025
2 Atari 825
3 Atari 1020
4 Atari 1027

Tennis
-----------------------------
Tennis Title screen:
Atari Tennis
(Picture of a Gold Winner Cup)
Copyright 1983 Atari Inc.

Pole Position Rev#0 Seial #11
-------------------------------------
Title screen Has a changing copyright that reads
1982 Namco then changes to 1983 Atari
continues to change back and forth

400/800 Super Salt
------------------------------
It has an Atari Rejected sticker that looks like it says 1250 XL
Title screen reads:
Atari 400/800
Super Salt System Test
Rev 3.03 1983

Do you mean cause is a fake one? How do you know cause the pcb is new and all the other details? Are you the new owner?

For God's sake 100$ for a fake Cartridge. :? Original listing said "the cartridge came from Atari warehouse before they closed up shop"..... :(

No, I didn't buy it, but I did ask the seller. The seller didn't portray it incorrectly. And it did come from an Atari warehouse, there are two still in use today (B&C and Best) for parts, etc.

The PCB on these things look older, light green, etc. And this cart had a new Atari PCB, in which you could see the break marks from the run.

The cart was used, but my guess for service at the warehouse, and updated as needed. The label didn't match the version and the PCB and chips didn't either.

So still a good cart, but I passed.

I have a SALT 2.07, where it was a 2.05 but was updated by the user. It happens.

Edited by chrislynn5

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Have any more versions of SALT or SuperSALT been dumped than what's in this thread?

I have a dump of the 1400 SuperSALT C.01, which I'll gladly post for 25 or more punches on the "Like" button. :D (reference ridiculousness here: Mr. Reluctant's Pristine Image)

Here's a list of some of the known ones (all?) -- as well as quite a few other test cartridges (some of which I've not seen either): Atari Cartridge Dumping Project (Diagnostic Carts)

What I have is:

SuperSALT C.01 (1400)

SuperSALT SE.02

CPS SuperSALT

SALT 1.00, 2.04, & 2.05

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 6

• 6 months later...

Just checked and I do not have a copy - sorry.

Ah well. Thanks for checking. The SuperSALT rom in this thread will run on a 1200XL in Altirra, but when I try to load it with my UNO Cart, all I get is gray bars, then a warm boot and a badly-corrupted menu listing. Both my 1200XL's do this, as does an 800XL I tried it with.

EDITED TO ADD: Okay, looks like the file posted in here as SuperSALT.rom runs fine on my UNO Cart, no need to run it through Robin's rom2car utility. Whew. :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

That is the external extended test board that goes with the Super Salt cartridge. You'll notice when running the Super Salt it has several tests that require this board, one for example is external audio.

Looking at DavidMil's SuperSALT cartridge, it is 2x2764 EPROMs. I programmed my own pair of 2764's, and put them in an Atari C060052 EPROM cart PCB, worked right off the bat as well. Was this ever manufactured on MASK ROM's, or are they all EPROMs for the small # needed for service?

Looking at some of the other prior posts on this thread, the CRC32 checksum 0D99E328 of his dump matches two previous posts:

Anyhow, just thought we'd share another sighting of this ROM out there.

EDIT: Added pic of cart shell.

post-53052-0-41271400-1541406932_thumb.png

post-53052-0-37792100-1541475670.jpg

• Like 1

That is the external extended test board that goes with the Super Salt cartridge. You'll notice when running the Super Salt it has several tests that require this board, one for example is external audio.

The guy is asking €10000 ... are they that rare?