IGNORED

Melody Blaster

Kefka15

Hey everybody. I have a few questions. I just started collecting INTV right before Christmas or so and Melody Blaster seems very to be a very interesting game to me. I am actually a musician for a living and I really wanna check it out! My question is, how does it play? Is it similar to the Miracle Piano on NES? Also does anybody have the game or keyboard component they might be willing to part with? I'd like to check it out.

Edited by Kefka15

In Melody Blaster, individual notes of a specific song fall from the top of the screen and toward a musical staff, and your goal is to play each note on the Music Synthesizer keyboard in the exact moment it passes over its corresponding staff line. Accidentals (sharps and flats) are color-coded, and you have the option of playing the left-hand or right-hand parts only, or both. I believe there is also an option where the game will hit the right note for you no matter which key of the keyboard is pressed, to allow novice players to focus on their timing instead of on hitting the right notes. There is a small collection of built-in songs, and it's possible to create your own and save them to cassette tape.

The gameplay of Melody Blaster is similar to that of Guitar Hero in that precise timing and accuracy are important, but in Melody Blaster, you're playing a real musical keyboard instead of a plastic guitar with buttons. My rudimentary skills on the keyboard haven't permitted me to get into it very much yet, but it's a fun game that too many Intellivision owners won't have the opportunity to experience, since it requires an ECS Computer Adaptor and a Music Synthesizer keyboard.

In Melody Blaster, individual notes of a specific song fall from the top of the screen and toward a musical staff, and your goal is to play each note on the Music Synthesizer keyboard in the exact moment it passes over its corresponding staff line. Accidentals (sharps and flats) are color-coded, and you have the option of playing the left-hand or right-hand parts only, or both. I believe there is also an option where the game will hit the right note for you no matter which key of the keyboard is pressed, to allow novice players to focus on their timing instead of on hitting the right notes. There is a small collection of built-in songs, and it's possible to create your own and save them to cassette tape.

The gameplay of Melody Blaster is similar to that of Guitar Hero in that precise timing and accuracy are important, but in Melody Blaster, you're playing a real musical keyboard instead of a plastic guitar with buttons. My rudimentary skills on the keyboard haven't permitted me to get into it very much yet, but it's a fun game that too many Intellivision owners won't have the opportunity to experience, since it requires an ECS Computer Adaptor and a Music Synthesizer keyboard.

Wow thanks! That answers my question perfectly! Now I just gotta get the means to play it. It sounds right I'm my alley. Thanks for the info.

Hey, I noticed that auction ended at $81, which I guess is a reasonable price for this cart CIB (the BIN currently up start at $170, though they are for a NIB specimen...). Did you manage to win it?

Cheers!

Edited by roberto

Hey, I noticed that auction ended at $81, which I guess is a reasonable price for this cart CIB (the BIN currently up start at $170, though they are for a NIB specimen...). Did you manage to win it?

Cheers!

No actually, the box had some stains on it and I was being picky on condition lol.

Cheers!

aarghhh..

can you remember me the meainings?

CIB = cart+instruction+box

BIN = buy it now ?

NIB?

Cheers!

aarghhh..

BIN = buy it now ?

NIB?

Sure! NIB = New in Box ;)

Though I always thought CIB stood for Complete In Box... :ponder:

Cheers!

aarghhh..

BIN = buy it now ?

NIB?

Sure! NIB = New in Box ;)

Though I always thought CIB stood for Complete In Box... :ponder:

CIB can be either, although I think for the INTV CIB refers to complete in box, which means it includes the overlays as well.

Cheers!

aarghhh..

BIN = buy it now ?

NIB?

Cheers!

aarghhh..

BIN = buy it now ?

NIB?

CIB = complete in box

NIB = new in box

MIB = mint in box

MISB = mint in sealed box

MOC = mint on card

MOSC = mint on sealed card

Cheers!

aarghhh..

BIN = buy it now ?

NIB?

Cheers!

aarghhh..

BIN = buy it now ?

NIB?

CIB = complete in box

NIB = new in box

MIB = mint in box

MISB = mint in sealed box

MOC = mint on card

MOSC = mint on sealed card