IGNORED

How should I fix a peeling label?

scoobasteave

I use a Q-Tip and a Photo Mount spray adhesive. Spray the Q-Tip until it is dripping and very carefully apply the glue under the label and on the cart. Use a cloth style paper towel and Rub the label very carefully (Beware, you can rub off the ink on some old labels if you push too hard) Next, apply a weight on top of the label and let dry for 30 minutes. Every cart label that I saved with this method has came out perfect and I love to rescue old beat up atari boxes and carts.......

I hope this helps!

IIRC there is a special acid-free stamp collecting archival glue that will not cause any ink spotting or damage, but it's pretty prohibitively expensive for most carts (anything under $50 or so probably is more cost-effective to simply replace) and has to be ordered direct from either Belgium or Germany, which makes shipping even more prohibitively expensive depending on the cart.

Photo mount adhesive is probably the best bet, since it's acid-free and will last the longest without chemically interacting with the label surface.