IGNORED

Atari 2600 Knockout Round 10: KUNG FU MASTER

JacobZu7zu7

Since Fallout passed on selecting the next game (everyone with a score up is safe this round),

I picked randomly "myself" as to choose the next game,

My first instinct told me to pick a game I am not too good at, to try to scrape by it...

...NOW, this in my gaming instincts is starting to feel slightly unfair....

What I can do to be "very fair", is... I can mix up the remaining game titles in a hat,

and choose something, "wildcards" may come into play anyhow... and would allow me to choose

whichever anyway...

I will go figure the game list now...and choose.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I just had a thought, with Astroblast and Kaboom!... is it an unfair disadvantage to be stuck with

emulation (no paddle control) for these two games?

I think with Astroblast we can use joystick only... but Kaboom, if a few people don't own the game...

it might not play well without atari paddles.

What do you guys think, do we all own Kaboom! and paddles here?

Fallout_002 has been chosen out of the hat to select Round 11. He since retired,

JacobZu7zu7 has been chosen next out of the hat, I picked D-5 which is a wild card choice,

leading us to the wild card game, Fantastic Voyage. "D-5" is X checked off the game list"

I was determined to not go out this week. But I was scraping the bottom of the scoreboard. I wasn't able to click the button fast enough (too mushy) to consistently beat the bosses at the end of the levels. So, I took my joystick apart and replaced the button and the spring with one from a different broken stick. The stick is working better and I got within a sliver of the beating the lightning bolt guy.

Now that everyone has a free pass this week, I don't know if I'll get back to Mr. Lightning.

I do know I'm having great time with this tourney.

And, btw, I do have Kaboom, Astroblast, and paddles.

post-26187-0-77510200-1331338359_thumb.png

I found myself struggling for a while to get away from the bottom. (This was not shown as I was too lazy to post.) I was even too lazy to post when I felt safe (breached 100k), but for some reason I couldn't help but continue.

Eventually I got pretty lucky and I'm staying at 214,940. It was actually a pretty aggravating run (as were more of my low-scoring runs).

And for the record, yes on Astroblast, Kaboom! and paddles.

post-26521-0-47659100-1331345979_thumb.png

Edited by Jifremok

The point is moot now, but just FYI, you can play Kaboom in emulation with paddles if you have a Stelladaptor.

I love Fantastic Voyage. Once you figure out what you can and can't shoot, it's a great game! :)

There's one game on that list that has me very worried...and I'm REALLY hoping it gets picked soon. Would love to get it out of the way. ;)

Edited by Deteacher

The point is moot now, but just FYI, you can play Kaboom in emulation with paddles if you have a Stelladaptor.

I love Fantastic Voyage. Once you figure out what you can and can't shoot, it's a great game! :)

There's one game on that list that has me very worried...and I'm REALLY hoping it gets picked soon. Would love to get it out of the way. ;)

I loves me Stelladaptor! :)

There's just one game that worries you? At least half the remaining list worries me (e.g. Ms. Pacman, Kaboom, Frogger, and Crazy Climber, to name a few). A number of the games I've never played or have very little experience with them, including Fantastic Voyage.

Edited by Gorfy

Agreed, Fantastic Voyage is a really fun game. I'm looking forward to this next week.

I think of all the games remaining Astroblast most worries me. A few I feel good with and the rest are somewhere inbetween.