IGNORED

"80's & 90's Party" at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait

doctorclu

They had a "80's & 90's Party" for St. Patrick's Day at Camp Arifjan. Along with having fun buying a digital watch for the occasion, I also offered to bring my Atari Jaguar (which is out here with me) to the party. The result was people really liked playing Raiden on the Jaguar. Kinda gave the place the feel of having an arcade game in the corner.

In the end the MWR staff was happy I brought it, and thought it would be fun to feature the Jaguar more often during like Karaoke night. I suggested a more modern game system with a one on one fighter game and the stuff replied "Oh we have those in the game room down the hall." :)

But was a real blast seeing men and women (quite young in a lot cases) enjoying playing the Jaguar. And I met two that actually owned a Jaguar back in the states and a few others that had heard of a Jaguar. In the words of Parker Lewis: "Coolness". ;)

post-4709-0-18546300-1332039793_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-50084400-1332039807_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-37169200-1332039832_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-29119800-1332039853_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-12661700-1332039889_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-97381700-1332039916_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-07199200-1332040002_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

that's very cool! not sure if Raiden would have been the game i would have picked, but cool that you were able to setup the jag over there and people actually played it. Surprised Bubsy wasn't in there - could have got some more entries in the high score club! ha!

that's very cool! not sure if Raiden would have been the game i would have picked, but cool that you were able to setup the jag over there and people actually played it. Surprised Bubsy wasn't in there - could have got some more entries in the high score club! ha!

I picked Raiden partly because it shows a nice large ATARI at the beginning. Figure that was great for atmosphere. It is also a simple game to get into that many know about.

But what would you have chose?

Congratulations, that's probably the first "JagFest" ever held in Kuwait !

You might want to think twice before showing Bubsy to your guests, though :P

First Jagfest in Kuwait!! Yes!!!

Yeh I tried to once see if I could have the Jaguar in the MWR game room but they didn't want people connecting their own systems to their TV's. But it was funny, they wanted me to bring the Jaguar back to karaoke nights or something. I dunno... we'll see. Brought it mainly since you can't have a 80's and 90's night without Atari.

Too bad you didn't have a second controller since Raiden is a two player simultaneous game. Is Arifjan the post where everybody goes through on the way to Iraq, or at least used to, or is it another place?

Tell me about the two controller thing. I didn't bring another controller out because I had the system sent to me for the occasional game of Bubsy. Never thought I would be showing off the Jaguar. I was watching all those people have fun with Raiden just thinking "Man... that needs to be two player..." Oh well.

I think it would be fun to set up a Jaguar with a Skunkboard and the graphical interface with two controllers and let people choose games they want to play.

But part of the reason for using Raiden in the first place... if someone stole the Jaguar and Raiden I would only be out like $40--$50 bucks. Would be a little more harsh to loose a Skunkboard though...

• 4 months later...