IGNORED

For those Who've sold your entire collection..now or ever.

I have always been a collector of something. NES was one of those things years and years ago. I had maybe 200 games, the system, and all the major accessories for it. I sold them all for a pretty good profit because I got them cheap in local pawn shops and flea markets when you could still do that, and sold them when everyone started wanting them again. I just wasn't using them as much as I should and wanted something else at the time. I can't remember what it was, but I know I never actually got it.

I played Magic: The Gathering for the first 8 years the game was out. I sold my entire collection to a single person for a large profit. Turns out cards in great shape from the first few sets were worth a lot of money and I had tons and tons of them. As a friend got out of the game they normally gave me their stuff or sold it too me cheap so I ended up with thousands and thousands of cards.

If I had to sell what I have right now I would take a little loss on most of it. Nothing major, but I would lose money because I would lot it out. I don't have time to sell everything solo like I should if I decided to do this right now. I would make a good bit on my arcades so that would cut the loss some, but not entirely.

It really isn't the time to sell if you want to make a profit.... we (in the US) are heading to a barter economy as it is,