IGNORED

Bitwriter Installation Issue.

Larry

After many years, I'm re-installing my Bit Writer in a Super Archiver 1050. The actual installation of the board was uneventful, but in order to write long tracks with the BW, there are some speed pots on a small board that must be attached. And there's the rub. My kit has 3 speed pots and 4 black wires coming from it My docs correctly mention the 3 pots, but only describe attaching two of the 4 wires. And of course, it doesn't say which two of the four wires gets connected.

Does anyone have any docs that mention the extra wires?

These pots are all hooked together with some small (looks like) switching diodes, so my inclination is to attach the two end wires and ignore the center two. But if no one has any better docs (or ideas) I may try to call Bob Puff and see if he can shed any light on it.

Thanks,

Larry

After many years, I'm re-installing my Bit Writer in a Super Archiver 1050. The actual installation of the board was uneventful, but in order to write long tracks with the BW, there are some speed pots on a small board that must be attached. And there's the rub. My kit has 3 speed pots and 4 black wires coming from it My docs correctly mention the 3 pots, but only describe attaching two of the 4 wires. And of course, it doesn't say which two of the four wires gets connected.

These pots are all hooked together with some small (looks like) switching diodes, so my inclination is to attach the two end wires and ignore the center two. But if no one has any better docs (or ideas) I may try to call Bob Puff and see if he can shed any light on it.

Thanks,

Larry

Bitwriter_instellation.pdf

BitRighter.pdf

The top one came from this post: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/194648-searching-for-the-bit-writer-supplement-for-super-archiver/page__view__findpost__p__2485701

Hope this helps you.

• 1 month later...

Thanks,

Larry

Hello,

just for the ones with asimilar issue.

The speed pot board with 3 speed pots is another variant of the bit writer. The additional speed pot just replaces the Super Archiver speed pot.

The 4 black wires of the 3 speed pots have following destinations when the Super Archiver speed pot is removed.

The black wire not comming from a diode on the speed pot board goes to 2917 chip pin 10 within the 1050 drive. Its the same location as for the super archiver speed pot wire.

3 black wires are comming from the three different diodes on the speed pot board. the black wire for the 20kOhm pot goes to the 6523 located at U7 in the 1050 drive pin 23.

The other two black wires ( both from 50kOhm pots diodes ) go to the 8621 (EF6821P) chip on the bit writer board. One to pin 19 and one to pin 39.

Best

Michael