IGNORED

Is there a way for me to permanently disable the mobile theme?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same question; however, I would like the mobile version if I could go straight to the most recent post. I've tried tapping all over the place to find a link for that, but I always end up at the 1st post, then having to go through page after page until I reach the most recent. There's no way I'd do that with long threads. If it's more than about 5 or 6 pages I say forget it or just load the full version.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this problem too. I had a few false alarms before, where my cookies setting got switched on my iPhone, but now I can only access the mobile forum no matter what I do... I've clicked the full version button just to bring me right back to the mobile site.. The regular site works great on iPhones..

I have the same question; however, I would like the mobile version if I could go straight to the most recent post. I've tried tapping all over the place to find a link for that, but I always end up at the 1st post, then having to go through page after page until I reach the most recent. There's no way I'd do that with long threads. If it's more than about 5 or 6 pages I say forget it or just load the full version.

That is the exact reason I hate the mobile version.

I agree, it's pretty ridiculous and this has been complained about on Invision's forum.

Have you tried Tapatalk yet? It's a nice, native app for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry devices that allows you to navigate the forums quite quickly:

http://www.tapatalk.com/

..Al

I have fixed the Mobile Skin so the link to "Full Version" at the bottom of the page works. You can now switch back and forth between the normal skin and the Mobile Skin easily. If anyone runs into further issues related to this, please let me know!

Thanks,

..Al

Thanks! Works perfectly!

After leaving and coming back after an hour, the site has completely forgot my preference... I'm noticing this all over the Internet, not just on this forum.. They used to remember, now I have to choose full site on every visit.. Is it an iPhone problem, with it deleting the preference cookie, or are website admins trying to force the mobile themes on us?

I can't think of one website that doesn't work great on my phone. What kinds of phones do people have that prefer the mobile theme? Can their browser not handle full sites?

It's not the biggest problem in the world, but it is annoying...

After leaving and coming back after an hour, the site has completely forgot my preference... I'm noticing this all over the Internet, not just on this forum.. They used to remember, now I have to choose full site on every visit.. Is it an iPhone problem, with it deleting the preference cookie, or are website admins trying to force the mobile themes on us?

I can't think of one website that doesn't work great on my phone. What kinds of phones do people have that prefer the mobile theme? Can their browser not handle full sites?

It's not the biggest problem in the world, but it is annoying...

It's certainly not being done on purpose here, but I can check to see how long the cookie is supposed to last. Are you seeing this just on Invision forums, or other types of forums?

I think there are two reasons for mobile versions of sites. One is to cut down on the amount of bandwidth being used, since many people do have caps on their usage before they have to either pay more or their access is throttle down. The mobile version of AtariAge transfers considerably less information than the full skin. Second is that the mobile version is tailored for a smaller screen size. Even though the full skin does work fine on the iPhone, you still need to do a lot of zooming in and scrolling about to see everything clearly (even with the 4S). The mobile skin is tailored for a small screen and is intended to be used without your having to zoom in/out, and links are generally easy to hit with your fingers.

..Al

I gotcha, Al.. I don't think it's an evil conspiracy, or anything, lol...I'm just noticing a recent trend... Just as an example, since I posted and you replied, it switched back to mobile without me closing safari in the backgrounder...

The other sites are not message boards at all, but just regular websites..

I just want to clarify that it's not that big of a deal... It's good that I can still access the full site, so thanks for fixing that!

I gotcha, Al.. I don't think it's an evil conspiracy, or anything, lol...I'm just noticing a recent trend... Just as an example, since I posted and you replied, it switched back to mobile without me closing safari in the backgrounder...

I'm using the regular skin on my iPhone and I'll see how long it takes before it switches back to the Mobile skin, if it does.

..Al

...ok, and now it's fixed. That was quick!

I didn't fix anything in the last hour--it's possible you had a page cached. The fix I applied earlier today should have fixed the behavior you were seeing. However, I still cannot select the other themes (Splat, Deflection, Gravity Blue) as they end up causing the Mobile theme to appear. I haven't looked at that problem yet.

..Al