IGNORED

FS: Ship Your Original XBOX for UPGRADE | 2016 $130+ship

Mark Wolfe

away for the weekend. answers to questions above: only original xbox, I don't work with the 360 for mods. Wii can get HomeBrew Channel to play games from SD, and the PS2 can use FreeMcBoot mem card to boot into HDAdvanced for playing games off a hard drive on phat PS2 with hd adaptor or slim with usb drive. if you are tech savvy you can copy games onto the hard drive form your pc after they have been downloaded. No, I have not yet gotten around to making the classic controller adaptors for the xbox1, that is high on my priority list.

back on monday when I work on a Wii and an xbox1 for two atariagers. keep 'em comin'

Ok, thanks for the reply. But how is the quality of the emulators? I ask only because I never used them.

Also, couldn't all the emulators just be downloaded on a computer? Whats the point in modding an xbox to have the emulators?

Just curious. I am interesnted in the mod, since I have 2 xboxes sitting in my house.

Thanks again.

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. How is the quality of the emulators compared to OG hardware? I ask because I never used an emulator.

Also, I'm just wondering, couldn't all the emulators being downloaded onto the xbox just be downloded on a computer? What is thE point in modding the xbox if it can be done a a PC?

I guess I did not answer the "quality" question because the youtube videos speak louder than words. watch the vids, read up on the coinops website and see for yourself. as for why the xbox over a pc? I guess freedom and reliability. you can't easily plug in your computer to your tv or take your computer somewhere to play. it is personal choice. I prefer a console that can stand being on for hours and hours and not worry about overheating or anything like that. the front end on coinops is very inviting and easy to use. plug and play, no setup no worry if you have all the roms. when I do an install it is ready to go without having to wonder where to go to download a complete romset, or to make sure everything is configured correctly. just plug and play.

Mark, I just picked up a complete working xbox for uber-cheap. I'm looking at next month to get that bad boy modded by you but I would need the larger HD for the complete MOD which sounds like a reason for me to keep the Xbox. I never got into the Xbox but with the MODS you talk about I think I should, especially for MAME. Anyway - what would a HD run (if you still supply those). Thanks Mark, sorry if this is a dumb question or if it's been answered already.

hey dude yeah I just buy IDE hard drives from ebay and the best way if you don't have one is to buy it when you are ready to ship and have the hd sent to my address. UPS will give you the easiest way to create a return shipping label that you can stick in the box before you ship it. the weight will be the same if I swap out the HD. coinops has EVERY emulator and it is bad-ass as no doubt you have seen the videos. yeah send the bad boy when you're ready, pm me for my address. next week is good for me because I am doing a bunch of them at once, the more the merrier.

btw: you do not paypal me until your xbox is ready to return to you. I will have like three xboxes fully done and ready for sale by the end of next week or so. I also ordered more av/power/controllers as well as more mechassault/memcard combos.

for PS2 Phat & Wii, I will have one of each fully ready to go around the same time.

currently I am only doing IDE drives so they only come as big as 750GB I think. I like 500GB drives the minimum would be like 250 but really you want to go big man. coinops uses empty hard drive space as virtual ram I do believe so the more the better

I hope to be up to speed with the sata to ide adaptors soon. I'll post it here when I do.

• Like 1

OK, 500 it is.

Yeah, SATA would be sweet. I already have a blank 500GB SATA, it's just collecting dust (picked it up at the thrift store a few years back for $5 so I couldn't pass it up!)

I'm heading to youtube to look at the vids right now.

• Like 1

OK, it's fine for me to wait anyway since I won't be able to send the xbox until a few weeks. I looked at the vids - I never knew the Xbox could handle so many emulators. Everything seems to run at 100% FPS. Are there any emul's that are slow or buggy?

yeah coinops handles N64 & PSX flawlessly and even some PS2 titles so obviously anything less powerful will also run great. it is an amazing emulation system and proves the xbox1 was a formidable console. I have said this several times but it bears repeating, all you need with this is an X-Arcade dual stick with the trackball in the middle and you're set for anything. [except a spinner for tempest]

Edited by Mark Wolfe

they go on sale every now and again. I got mine, although it was the dual stick model without the trackball, on sale for $99. I bet they put that one up round the holidays for like $150 or less. right now they are at $199 which kinda steep although they are worth every penny. just make sure they send you the xbox adaptor with it when you order.

• Like 1

@redraider: do you want to wait and bundle this all together with the vectrex controller? this should be happening very soon. I'll go put a SOLD sign on the vectrex controller ;) I'll update this thread by the end of the week regarding the sata drives and CO5

:) hi....mike you should come and chat pre CoinOPS 5 and see if theres stuff that can be added to suit you....

mclebron23 if you want the real word you should come to the offical site and ask question........you are dealing with people that have been cut out of the game (1emualtion) and are not telling you all you need to know...there is a real time chat on the forum....im offering this for your threads on 1emulation not here as I wish to support other people that want CoinOPS gone from killing here...its removed from most places as it threatens the work of others....I do say try it all....CoinOPS speaks for itself......

CoinOPS has nearly everything in it...CoinOPS has more exclusives on it than all other emus combined....it has the most functionality for sorting filtering and controlling the user experince of any emulator....id recommend you look at both of them....infact id incourage it.....

also alot on the sites people are running 12,000 games on CoinOPS not the standard 3,500 so its fully expandable (they hit the limit in CO4 so its being expanded to 20,000 in CO5)....and alot of packs are out there as many people are creating them now...alot more than all other emulators combined are surfacing...avaging 1 pack a week or so normally with 1000 or so games......I could go on but I recommend you look at them both and come to the offical site as you can real time chat with people that use and expand this....

CO4 to CO5 will be the biggest change for Arcades seen on the xbox since mame was first put onto the xbox....100s of top arcade games are only playable on coinops and 1000s of them are only playable on mame....also 100s are only controlable on CoinOPS and lots of big titles inc Raiden Fighters Jet, Mortal Kombat 2 and 3 with sound...NBA Jams...Boogie Wings.....heres a quick list thats counting down now of why to choose 5 over 4....

99 Steel Gunner now playable (only on CoinOPS)

100 Steel Gunner 2 now playable (only on CoinOPS)

101 Road Riot now controllable (only on CoinOPS)

102 Thunder Hoops fixed

103 Top Player Golf fix graphics

104 Run and Gun now playable ( speed hack no background added to parent only) (only on CoinOPS)

105 Dirt Fox now controllable (only on CoinOPS)

106 Truxton at full speed

107 Truxton 2 at full speed

108 Victory Road easy to control (only on CoinOPS)

109 Automatic Open all characters in Mavel vs Capcom 2 (only on CoinOPS)

110 DoDonpachi Arrange now playable

111 Ketsui Arrange now playable (new version and speed version)

112 Syvalion now playable

113 Violent Fight now playable

114 Final Burn Core fixed for dips, flipped games etc by default

115 Final Burn Tate Mode for new games

116 NBA Jam Full Speed with Sound (only on CoinOPS)

117 NBA Jam Tornament Full Speed with Sound (only on CoinOPS)

118 Ninjakun Majou no Bouken now with sound

119 X68000 2 Disc configuration support added

120 Vector Beam Width Intensity Setting

121 Mario Kart 64 now playable in two players

122 Two more Video folders

123 Satans Hollow now with sound

124 Vic 20 core added

125 1000 more supported console games

126 Double Dragon 2 at full speed (only on CoinOPS)

127 Tekipaki now with sound

128 NeoGeo Decrypted Sets now playable

129 Treasure of the Caribbeans now playable

130 Mame 72 Speedy old core now availble

131 Wonder Swan core now availibe

132 Bang Bang Busters now playable

133 DOS core now availble

134 Line of Fire now playable

135 Hydra now fully controllable (only on CoinOPS)

136 720 now fully controllable (only on CoinOPS)

137 APB now fully controllable (only on CoinOPS)

138 Bubble Bobble 2 at full speed

139 Bubble Bobble 3 at full speed

140 Chase H.Q at full speed

141 Faster Gameboy Advance

142 Ikari Warriors easy to control (only on CoinOPS)

143 Dragons Lair 2

144 Space Ace

145 Paperboy now fully controllable (only on CoinOPS)

146 Mortal Kombat 3 Full Speed with Sound (only on CoinOPS)

147 Star Trek Fully Playable (only on CoinOPS)

148 Dragons Lair

149 Doom 1

150 Faster Super Nintendo

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

who is "mike" ?

thanks for posting, a lot of great info, most of which I already knew because I AM a member of the CO forums thankyouverymuch.... the only thing I am wondering is what you meant by:

..you are dealing with people that have been cut out of the game and are not telling you all you need to know.
  • Like 1