IGNORED

K-Byte / K-razy Shoot-Out Box

MrFish

Some of you may have seen the NIB copy of K-razy Shoot-Out that I posted pictures of in the eBay thread recently. Since I posted it, two collectors have approached me via PM asking if I would be interested in parting with it. That in and of itself isn't significant, but it was mentioned that the reason why they were interested (for at least one of the collectors), was that they hadn't seen a K-Byte box of this style before. Being my first boxed copy, I was somewhat surprised and upon doing some internet research was not able to come up with much about it, other than verifying that an orange box exists from K-Byte for this title and that the picture on the box that I have is usually seen on the CBS version (of course, with the CBS branding etc.).

What I was wondering is, has anybody seen this box style before or actually own a copy like this?

post-6369-0-03926900-1332653372_thumb.jpg

Ok, nice to see those. Thanks.

There's also this one from Atarimagazines:

post-6369-0-18883600-1332720767_thumb.jpg

What year is the version you have from? The one pictured above is from a January '82 issue of Compute. The orange box on Atarimania is labelled 1981.

The one I have is from 1982.

but I've never seen the other box? where is it from? plus k-star patrol i've never seen..thought it was CBS ver only

Troy Michigan, but has a slightly different zip listed than the orange box version on Atarimania.

K-Byte K-Star Patrol is listed as proto on Atarimania. Maybe planned but never actually mass produced.

K-Razy Shoot Out was the first 3rd party cart for the A8; Kritters was released shortly before CBS took K-Byte over, so there were many fewer K-Byte branded carts made of that title.

They do come up from time to time on ebay, but it's a rare cart. As with many of the rare ones, trading with fellow collectors is often the best way to get hold of one.

K-Razy Shoot Out was the first 3rd party cart for the A8; Kritters was released shortly before CBS took K-Byte over, so there were many fewer K-Byte branded carts made of that title.

They do come up from time to time on ebay, but it's a rare cart. As with many of the rare ones, trading with fellow collectors is often the best way to get hold of one.

So you have an extra, PM me :)

• 4 weeks later...

Actually it's a "he", Felix Perez selling under his wife's account. He's also oisdobairro on eBay, and I suspect many other accounts.

He's been buying these for close to nothing so he might/should be able to negoiate. My guess is he paid $50-100 for it, if that.

His claim to fame is the outragous asking price with "make an offer". I think someone else posted on this a few months ago.

You should give it a try, he does get the "rare" stuff. I'll pass, too difficult and expensive.

Yep, I've bought a few carts from them before at half the asking price. Figured that Felix had a separate account for buying, but never traced it...

I'm gonna pass on this too :)

They also watch listings to see who bids, Felix contacted me off ebay before about buying a cart they had listed for over $100 after my max bid of $70 didn't fly on another guys' auction of the same cart... But since I told him that I don't buy outside of ebay (unless local), he hasn't asked again :)

Jay

Yea, Felix helped me early on acquiring hard to get carts, but at double the going rate. The two things I hated was when he asked me to sell him a cart that I just got for my collection, over and over, then I find out he already had two or more of them. At first I felt sorry that I needed it for my collection, then mad since he already had it and wasn't straight with me. Then I found out he was following my purchases on/and off eBay (he has a masking list of everyone's eBay account numbers converted to track). Contacting auctions before they were over, getting the item early. I had enough, recently and did the same, I'm not proud of it, but got the seller to give it to me (beating Felix to the chase). The seller said Felix of course contacted him telling him he'd pay more and to stop the shipment. The seller was honest and said it was already sold. Felix got pissed! Then a member on AtariAge asked me what I thought a cart was worth. I told him. Felix contacted me telling me I had no place to let him know what it was actually worth, that I raised the price. It's a business to him.

He gets the carts though, witnessed by what he has posted. If he is selling something, I guarantee he has more. His inventory is incrediable!

Damn, I'll make a note of this :)

Looks like he was the one who got 1 seller to back out of a deal after a JAWBREAKER II cart was supposedly sent that I got for $15. Seller told me that her cat spilled her coffee all over the cart destroying the label, then relisted it two weeks later. I put a "Fraudulent" listing on it which froze that auction since the cart wasn't destroyed as she stated. It was relisted a week after that and someone else got it...

Thanks Chris,

Jay

That recent "The Writer's tool" I won 6 months ago. Odd that it never was received by the post office, though it had a tracking number, (I called them) and that the seller said that it was lost in the mail. 6 months later, to the day, it was back on at 3 times what I won it at. Felix emailed me (watching my bids) after I won it telling me how great of a buy I got. Someone got to the seller, they/she waited 6 months and resold it anonymously. eBay of course stated that they couldn't do anything. I really hate eBay. Now they screw both the sellers and buyers. Calling them is useless.

This is the same account that was used to try and sell a "Matterhorn" for three or four thousand dollars using Buy It Now or Best Offer a few years back.

Yep, same with FooBlitzky - thinking they had the only one, but a couple of months ago 3 showed up on ebay and I got a complete boxed set for $60, including the pin button :)

Jay

P.S. Hello to Felix, why don't you join us here as a member instead of just being an observer ;)

• Like 1

I've never seen that box, but to continue derailing this thread...

K-Byte K-Star Patrol is listed as proto on Atarimania. Maybe planned but never actually mass produced.

As is K-razy Antiks. I recently found one and posted pics (and Bryan dumped it) in this thread. It seems to be the final version, so they were probably expecting to release it before CBS took over.

Where can one find a K-Byte Krazy Kritters? I see shoot-out all the time.

I've had ~6 extra shoot-out since I started collecting, while only having ~2 Space Invaders and I'm still missing lots of common carts. Always made me laugh about how RARE it is.

Of course, who would ever sell space invaders? and shoot out kinda sucks.

This is the same account that was used to try and sell a "Matterhorn" for three or four thousand dollars using Buy It Now or Best Offer a few years back.

Yep, same with FooBlitzky - thinking they had the only one, but a couple of months ago 3 showed up on ebay and I got a complete boxed set for $60, including the pin button :)

Jay

P.S. Hello to Felix, why don't you join us here as a member instead of just being an observer ;)

My educated guess is that ‘Defender II’ is Felix. Defender II contacted me for my duplicate carts, wanted them cheap and by the lot. Then they contacted me for my ‘Checkbook’ cartridge telling me it wasn’t worth much and that he could, if I was lucky, get me a Matterhorn possibly as a one-to-one trade. I know Felix has two, or more, Matterhorn’s. And Defender II kept trying to tell me that my cart wasn’t worth anything to most, and that since he was a prototype collector, he would give me the most for it.

PM:

“I have lots of prototypes and one-of carts, but most people don't collect them and don't consider them anywhere near the Matterhorn. I know you want released carts for your collection and hope I can get you the hardest one I know of. It's like negotiating a peace treaty between Israel and the Palestinians to get it but I am making progress.”...

I sent Felix an email with Thanx Defender II, and he got pissed. Called me a stalker.

This is typical Felix, and if it is him, that just isn’t right. Deceiving people just to get what they have.

I like knowing who I’m dealing with; I don’t appreciate being lied to and deceived.

I apoligize for derailing the topic, enough on Felix. Thanx.

• Like 1

I apoligize for derailing the topic, enough

You've been warned about this more than enough. Time to cool your heels for a bit.

Also, I will personally vouch for Defender II. We've done some big deals in the past and he's been great.

Well if you see someone on eBay using colbycat55, it isn't me. Felix (also Linda1170), for some reason just changed his ID to something close to mine. I'm colbycat5.

Make no sense, I've reported him to eBay.

This is weird. But not in a good kind of weird :(

post-27608-0-38152700-1335874744_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrislynn5

Chris,

the reason I changed my ID to "colbycat55" is so you can stalk yourself daily and leave me alone and my wife alone.

the only reason Chris(colbycat5) is complaining and throwing mud around here is because he is mad/obsessed with me and getting my atari items.

he has been stalking me for almost a year constantly asking questions and asking for help collecting items.

I've been very helpful to him but he has lost his mind. I've had to change my ID on ebay several times and my passwords because I thought it had been compromised. There is a reason Best Electronics banned him from buying items and there is good reason for me banning him on ebay from bidding on my items. I had to block him due to his constant badgering, paranoia, and constant emails and detective work asking about any item I sell or bid, or buy...it's very scary.

He runs around accusing people of things...accusing people of being me...I'm just glad I don't live in the same state as him or I would honestly request a restraining order...just like on here he is accusing people of being me?

I'm a huge collector. I trade, I buy, I sell. I have several storage lockers full of atari items. I've been collecting since I was a child.

I've helped many people and I've been helped by many people complete my collection; for that I'm very thankful, my atari experience since I was 8 years old has been amazing; I've never met someone like this in my 30+ years of collecting.

I've sold on ebay and have asked my wife to sell things for me on ebay. If you look at my feedback it's been 5.0 stars across the board for all transactions. We all make side deals on ebay if we can. We all make side deals on here with fellow members. We buy/sell/trade, it's fun!

It's great to find an item for $5 at a garage sale and turn it on ebay for $300 so you can reinvest in the hobby you love!

I just wish Chris would stop harassing me and just leave me alone. I'm tired of him. You can't buy my items any more (you are banned forever), please don't email me any more. I've cut you off Chris just move on. Being bitter and trying to make me look bad so no one buys items from me just shows your true side to people because you also make side deals, and contact people for side deals on ebay and on here...and you sell items on ebay for high prices (ie. the checkbook $5000 gem)

If any atariage members want any of the items under my ID please contact me directly...I'll be glad to give you a 20/30/40 or even 50% discount on many of the items listed.

Thank you all for your time and I apologize for this long reading.