IGNORED

Wanting to trade my 800XL for a 130XE

dafivehole

MG66 did all the design on his PBI adaptor, actually.

Bob

I can't recommend a full PBI upgrade for a 1200XL, really. If all you want is a PBI-attached CF card, use an internal upgrade on a 1200XL. If you want your BlackBox / MIO hooked up, use an 800XL.

One of the features of a 1200XL is that all chips are socketed on all systems. This makes a drop-in upgrade practical, which is much cleaner than soldering wires all over the motherboard. (and, is easily removed)

You can do some pretty neat stuff on a 1200XL - hard to find one for $50, including shipping.

Bob

The option you didn't mention for using PBI devices with a 1200XL is to use an external PBI adapter, like the one you designed and MEtalGuy66 produced.

I can't recommend a full PBI upgrade for a 1200XL, really. If all you want is a PBI-attached CF card, use an internal upgrade on a 1200XL. If you want your BlackBox / MIO hooked up, use an 800XL.

I'd recommend it if you're handy with tools or know someone who can make a sweet job of it. Having said that, I'm now on the verge of fitting an internal PBI HDD to my PBI-connector equipped machine, so there's irony there. :)

MG66 did all the design on his PBI adaptor, actually.

Bob

One of the features of a 1200XL is that all chips are socketed on all systems. This makes a drop-in upgrade practical, which is much cleaner than soldering wires all over the motherboard. (and, is easily removed)

You can do some pretty neat stuff on a 1200XL - hard to find one for $50, including shipping.

Bob

The option you didn't mention for using PBI devices with a 1200XL is to use an external PBI adapter, like the one you designed and MEtalGuy66 produced.

I gave you design credit since that was what I found on my circuit board, I found the following quote in this post.

Quote: "I did put your name on the board (design credit for the PBI mod).."

(...)

I'd recommend it if you're handy with tools or know someone who can make a sweet job of it.

(...)

Sounds (to me) like a perfectly reasonable, logical, non-emotional and certainly objective assessment / recommendation. I will consider it for my own unit.

(...)

I'd recommend it if you're handy with tools or know someone who can make a sweet job of it.

(...)

Sounds (to me) like a perfectly reasonable, logical, non-emotional and certainly objective assessment / recommendation. I will consider it for my own unit.

I'll second that.

(...)

(...)

I'll second that.

...Mhmm... I've actually changed my mind...

....JUST KIDDING! :grin: