Photo

Authentic or Repro OSS Carts?

9 replies to this topic

#1 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

Stargunner

• 1,543 posts

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:41 PM

I bought these OSS Carts on ebay eBay Auction -- Item Number: 120880053168, and was wondering if the Action cart is a repro or earlier release?

Atarimax has the black cart with yellow label, but "Action" is in blue, not black as in the auction:
http://www.atarimax....y/fc_action.jpg

Thanks,
Jay

#2 w1k OFFLINE  

w1k

Stargunner

• 1,395 posts

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:00 PM

97$ why?
why not 997$

#3 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,543 posts

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:08 PM

You think they are worth more or what ???
Or do ya think I over paid, again :)

Jay

Edited by AtariGeezer, Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:14 PM.

#4 deathtrappomegranate OFFLINE  

deathtrappomegranate

River Patroller

• 4,389 posts
  • Lipstick on my cigarette

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:12 PM

The Action cart is legit. In fact, a scan of a similar cart was recently added at Atarimania: http://www.atarimani...tion_12510.html

#5 kenjennings OFFLINE  

kenjennings

Moonsweeper

• 458 posts
  • Me + sio2pc-usb + 70 old floppies

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:29 PM

Huh. I've never seen an OSS cart in the black case with a small label. I've only seen the large, yellow label that wraps over the top of the case. (And the orange carts). The pic from Atarimax ( http://www.atarimax....y/fc_action.jpg ) shows the small label is on an appropriately sized smooth area of the cart while the one you bought looks like the case was intended for the larger wrap-around label.

But, I'm not a purist/collector -- if it works, it's a perfectly good cart.

You got Action, BasicXL, and Atasm. Pretty cool deal. I once saw someone pay $80 just for the Action! cart.

#6 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,543 posts

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:44 PM

Thanks for the info guys, the Atarimax repro also lacks the "," comma after the "TM", whereas the one I have and the pic on Atarimania does have the comma :) so mine may be legit as DTP suggests. I'm trying to keep repros out of my collection ;)

Jay

#7 BillC OFFLINE  

BillC

Stargunner

• 1,140 posts

Posted Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:58 PM

I bought these OSS Carts on ebay eBay Auction -- Item Number: 120880053168, and was wondering if the Action cart is a repro or earlier release?

Atarimax has the black cart with yellow label, but "Action" is in blue, not black as in the auction:
http://www.atarimax....y/fc_action.jpg

Thanks,
Jay

The ACTION! cartridge seems to use the later cartridge shell which normally comes with the wrap-over label, but with the smaller label like that used on the older style BASIC XL cartridge. Perhaps there was a short period when they first changed to the new cartridge shell but didn't have the larger labels yet.

#8 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,543 posts

Posted Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:25 PM

Hmmm, okay... With the labels on Action! and Basic XL carts looking similar, it threw me...
Thanks for the clarification :)

Jay

#9 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

Moonsweeper

• 473 posts

Posted Mon Apr 2, 2012 6:43 PM

It is legit, and yeah epay musta had some shills or someone who really really really really had to have it... I have seen the epay routine all too often the past few years. I stick to the rivers and streams I am use to these days.

#10 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,543 posts

Posted Mon Apr 2, 2012 6:57 PM

Yep, last night I went through my carts and sorted out the OSS carts and the Orange cased Action! cart has the same label too...

Jay

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users