IGNORED

My growing APF collection.

Uppy

Wow! I've never seen those Imagination Machine add-ons before. In fact, I've only seen the IM itself a handful of times. I wish I could get my hands on one of them at a reasonable price, but alas. I do have a MP-1000 however although I'm missing two carts (Catena and Space Destroyers)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very cool! It's really hard to believe though that this stuff was ever marketed here. I cannot remember for the life of me, this being advertised, talked about or on display anywhere back in the day. Never even heard of the machine until sometime in the 90's, when people were really starting to collect old video game machines.

http://en.wikipedia....ination_Machine

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Nice. I'm still trying to get an 8K expansion for mine.

As for the question about the M1000 versus MP1000, we've never been able to find out what the methodology was for the model numbers, as they were seemingly used interchangeably. A long time ago I originally thought the "P" might have stood for "Pack-in," but that obviously hasn't been the case.

Nice. I'm still trying to get an 8K expansion for mine.

As for the question about the M1000 versus MP1000, we've never been able to find out what the methodology was for the model numbers, as they were seemingly used interchangeably. A long time ago I originally thought the "P" might have stood for "Pack-in," but that obviously hasn't been the case.

Thanks for the info Bill. I'm still trying to get a disc drive for my collection. Don't know if ill ever find one. As you know it is tough to track anything down when it comes to these systems. And boxpressed to answer your question I have no idea to be honest.

I want to sell my space destroyers. No oe will like my price but thats how things go when there obscure. I want $500.00 for it.

Good luck on your sale overgrouth but you might want to drop a zero and sell your cart for $50(even to ask $80 might not be out of line but on the high end). CIB would get you more but APF games, rare as they may be, don't sell for all that much. They are just a pain to track down. There is not a lot of people that collect for this system compared to Atari or Nintendo.

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck on your sale overgrouth but you might want to drop a zero and sell your cart for $50(even to ask $80 might not be out of line but on the high end). CIB would get you more but APF games, rare as they may be, don't sell for all that much. They are just a pain to track down. There is not a lot of people that collect for this system compared to Atari or Nintendo.

There probably aren't a lot of people that collect for this system but also as you mention, the system and games are damn hard to track down! I've been looking for an MP-1000 but the few times it comes up on ebay it eludes me (primarily because the boxed ones go for a lot of money). I know it depends on how much I'm willing to spend but over $250 seems too high. Or am I way off on that?

Oh, enviable collection btw :thumbsup:

There probably aren't a lot of people that collect for this system but also as you mention, the system and games are damn hard to track down! I've been looking for an MP-1000 but the few times it comes up on ebay it eludes me (primarily because the boxed ones go for a lot of money). I know it depends on how much I'm willing to spend but over $250 seems too high. Or am I way off on that?

Oh, enviable collection btw :thumbsup:

I would say $250 would be on the high end for a boxed system. Unless it is very mint/new and the seller guarantees it to work then maybe but $250 might still be on the high end. But that is just my opinion as some collectors might disagree. As you said it is all about how much you are willing to spend. Sometimes it is just a matter of waiting to find the right auction etc to get one at a good price. But good luck on your apf collection. Cool system to collect for but can be frustrating as it is tough to track anything down. If my extra MP-1000 worked id offer to sell it but I got burned on ebay. Need I say more. Thanks for the compliment by the way.