IGNORED

My First Hunt in five years

cncfreak

Well Sunday I went out with the wife looking to buy some classic video games and here is what i found:

hunt1.png

I got them for $2.50 each ($25.00). How did i do? I needed all of them for my collection so it was a win / win for me.

Edited by cncfreak

You collect games and this is your first hunt in five years. Why?

Not bad finds in the wild. You don't say if these were yard sales, flea markets, charity thrifts, or used game shops. I will guess used game shops because of the far two right games, Outer Space and Survival Run, plus the three Astrocade games. I never see those in the wild around my area. Overall, not a bad deal, though $2.50 each for the two Tele-Games carts might be a bit pricey.

Yeah my first hunt in the wild in five years. I've bought some items on Evil-bay and of course some on here.

Ahh sorry these were found at a flea market. Buried under tons of jeans :)

She also had 5-10 Atari 8-bit cartridges for the same price pretty much all commons (E.T. Phone Home / Pac-man) but i'm tempted to go back and get them since i sold all the ones i had years back and could start collecting those as well.

Edited by cncfreak

Not bad. Nothing too rare, but in my book anything I find in the wild these days is a huge win. I haven't found so much as an NES game in a thrift store in NW Ohio for over a year now. I picked up a few commons at a flea mkt last year just for label variations. Even then, I had to fight off another collector hoarding in to grab anything he could. It's brutal in the wild.

Not bad. Nothing too rare, but in my book anything I find in the wild these days is a huge win. I haven't found so much as an NES game in a thrift store in NW Ohio for over a year now. I picked up a few commons at a flea mkt last year just for label variations. Even then, I had to fight off another collector hoarding in to grab anything he could. It's brutal in the wild.

There seems to be a rather high concentration of collectors in NW Ohio. I'm not sure why, but it's kind of interesting.

Anyhow, I think any time you find something in the wild is kind of a thrill, whether you need the game or not. If the games are overpriced, I politely let the people know (even though many will pull the old "these are worth hundreds on eBay" line) and then give them an email address and tell them to let me know if they want to sell later.

• Like 1

There seems to be a rather high concentration of collectors in NW Ohio. I'm not sure why, but it's kind of interesting.

Anyhow, I think any time you find something in the wild is kind of a thrill, whether you need the game or not. If the games are overpriced, I politely let the people know (even though many will pull the old "these are worth hundreds on eBay" line) and then give them an email address and tell them to let me know if they want to sell later.

That could explain why I can never find anything good at thrift stores here in OH, you guys are beating me to them. Flea markets in Cleveland, have mostly R3 and below. I havent found much in the wild for at least 5 years.

That could explain why I can never find anything good at thrift stores here in OH, you guys are beating me to them. Flea markets in Cleveland, have mostly R3 and below. I havent found much in the wild for at least 5 years.

Move out of state.

There seems to be a rather high concentration of collectors in NW Ohio. I'm not sure why, but it's kind of interesting. Anyhow, I think any time you find something in the wild is kind of a thrill, whether you need the game or not. If the games are overpriced, I politely let the people know (even though many will pull the old "these are worth hundreds on eBay" line) and then give them an email address and tell them to let me know if they want to sell later.

Yeah, I feel all the more fortunate that I started collecting when I did some 20 years ago. I look back and think how spoiled I was. Any given day walking into a thrift store or flea market you were gonna find something. It was very unusual to come up dry on a hunt. At least 90% of my collection comes from the wilds of Ohio. Back then I'd hit all the thrifts at least 3 times a week in up to 5 different cities and usually a flea mkt every 3 weeks or so. Ahh, the good old days.

You should come to Phoenix. I find sooooo many classic games for all types of consoles here in the valley that I'm going broke and I think that my wife wants a divorce haha! Maybe thats why this is his first hunt in 5 years. Probably pretty smart!

Whenever there is a flea market near when I live, I go there and I try to find Atari or NES stuff. Unfortunately, finding video games in the wild in Switzerland is quite difficult. I never saw an Atari Game in the wild in Switzerland.(Sometimes there are 2600 games on the Swiss equivalent of Craigslist). Best thing I found in the wild is a NTSC Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for the SNES (for 4$:grin: )

Nice finds tho. I really wish you could find 2600 games like that in Switzerland :woozy: