Photo

Original Xbox Modchips - Need advice

29 replies to this topic

#26 Starscream OFFLINE  

Starscream

River Patroller

• 3,010 posts

Posted Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:57 PM

Evox is one of the bioses that come with the Duox mod chip but it's a crap BIOS, especially the built-in ftp server. I highly recommend using XBMC as your dashboard.

Yup, been so long I forgot. Avalaunch was/is my dash of choice.

#27 Tupin OFFLINE  

Tupin

Chopper Commander

• 181 posts

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:57 PM

So, what is the best chip? I was going to go through mod-chip.com, and they offer either the Aladdin or Xecuter. I want to take my disc games and install them onto a bigger hard drive, and run them from there. Will those let me do that?

#28 Starscream OFFLINE  

Starscream

River Patroller

• 3,010 posts

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:58 AM

Yup any chip allows that. The only advantage to some chips is more banks to flash to or boot options. Get whichever is cheapest.

#29 Rex Dart ONLINE  

Rex Dart

Quadrunner

• 6,319 posts
  • NO CASH VALUE

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:47 AM

Between those, get the Xecuter. Aladdin chips just stink.

#30 onlysublime OFFLINE  

onlysublime

Stargunner

• 1,309 posts

Posted Tue May 1, 2012 3:42 PM

Yeah, there's no point in using a mod chip at this point.

All my Xbox1 systems are softmodded. One has a 320GB drive. Another has a 160. Another has an 80. Another has a 40. I used the CASH CD (cereal's automated softmod helper, I think, it's been so long). Very very hard to find at this point. But I just downloaded it, burned it to disc, inserted it into the Xbox, followed the menu prompts, and voila, a fully modded system. No need for games. No need for cables. No need for memory cards. No need for anything else.

And the best thing about this mod was that everything was done in a virtual partition (not sure if I'm using the terminology correctly). So I still have full access to the original BIOS and full compatibility for everything. And if I wipe out the virtual partition, my Xbox1 goes back to its original state.

Ive got an Xbox 1 also. Do you have an ISO for Cash v1.1 ? The Torrents seems to have no seeders

sorry for the late reply! i rarely go into the "classic gaming general" forum.

Yes, I have it somewhere. wouldn't mind sharing... especially if I get to boost my Dropbox storage via referrals? ;)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users