IGNORED

Round 3 - E-SWAT (hard version lulz :D)

BioForceApe

WARNING: This may be the toughest challenge in the whole HSC line.

E-SWAT IS: the toughest fighting force alive! E-SWAT MEANS: Enhanced Special Weapons and Tactics! You're starting straight into the evil E.Y.E., a power-mad horde of vicious terrorists. But you are the ultimate crimebuster. Decimate their front lines with your lead-belching Gatling gun! Incinerate their mobs with your super-charged arsenal of weapons! Start as an E-SWAT rookie and blast your way up to become an awesome supercop...More machine than man! Metal attack! Annihilate killer hovercraft maniac machines and flame-throwing robots. Grapple with bionic monsters to face the final showdown! Stay glued to your weapons through 5 missions of grueling combat! You have the ultra-tech gear and the guts to survive! The E-SWAT force is waiting. Are you ready to "Hit The Streets"?

We are going to use the hard variant instead of the easy one.

The deadline is April 13th (The Three Stoges Movie Premiere :D), start and play with no cheats and continues.

Score List:

jblenkle - 3,500

roadrunner - 4,400

Torr -

LarcenTyler -

zylon - 1,500

skosh - 25,600

HSC Points:

jblenkle - 2

roadrunner - 2

Torr - 1

LarcenTyler - 1

zylon - 2

skosh - 4

Edited by BioForceApe

Here's what I wrote about the difference between the two versions, when I beat this game last year:

In the [hard] version, enemies move faster, you don't get nearly as many bullets, and health isn't recharged before boss fights. (Also, the "arrest" graphic on the splash screen before each stage has been removed.)

It should be pretty easy to tell the difference. Zylon, is your "easy" copy a US release? If so, that confirms that both the easy and hard versions were released stateside. (The "easy" cart that's been dumped is a Euro cart.)

One was cart only so I wasn't certain; the other was a new one bought from Sega via mail order in late 90's. One definitely is faster and has less bullets than the other. After playing a few rounds on each, I determined that my 1st score of 10k+ was with the wrong game, so I replayed using the other one. :)

What thegoldenband said applies to skosh too.

I am playing the hard version and tried the easy one to see the difference. First game 48K and second 60K end of round 3 at a large boss.

New score

post-30275-0-28735700-1334344136_thumb.jpg

Edited by skosh

I am playing the hard version and tried the easy one to see the difference. First game 48K and second 60K end of round 3 at a large boss.

thegoldenband - How many rounds are there?

I believe there are five, IIRC. BTW, I found that playing through and beating the easy version was a big help when taking on the hard version.

The hard version of the game is challenging at first, but once I got the hang of it, I found it was mostly pretty straightforward. The last boss was tough in the hard version, though, since it's difficult to get there with enough bullets.