IGNORED

Can we have a separate NES section here at AA?

as already above mentioned, a NES section wouldn't happen, maybe a Nintendo section, all things Nintendo Also as mentioned before, I believe a Sega section is far more important than a Nintendo section.

You're entitled to your opinion. My goal is to get an NES section...if they decide to do a Nintendo section (with subsections) then I suppose that's cool too, but my only intention is to have decent spot for the many NES fans to put their NES specific posts.

As far as reducing the maturity level, if the people who tire of NA due to maturity, then by all means they'd be welcome here (I would think). The only reason I don't go to NA is that there's a different vibe, I can't explain it. I don't recall the forum being all that attractive or else I would have spent more time there...as it is, I still love my Atari and that's what brought me here but this forum also tipped me of to arcade, other platforms, history and interviews. All kinds of good stuff.

Since I don't know much about the hiearchy here, who would one go about to ask the real questions? I'm sure that if the interest is there and it wouldn't cause too many headaches, they'd be open to the idea. Either that or the answer is a flat-out 'no', and that puts and end to it.

Any ideas?

You forgot that this is 2012. You won't be alive to enjoy a Nintendo forum. Now embrace your deaths like gentlemen.

Let me guess.....alien invaders that will pillage our orifices and harvest our organs for food and then wipe out every resource on earth.

Let me guess.....alien invaders that will pillage our orifices and harvest our organs for food and then wipe out every resource on earth.

Not exactly. Intelligent advanced versions of Earth's dinosaurs are going to eat us:

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2012/04/weekend-feature-intelligent-advanced-versions-of-earths-dinosaurs-may-have-evolved-elsewhere-in-univ.html

Not exactly. Intelligent advanced versions of Earth's dinosaurs are going to eat us:

http://www.dailygala...re-in-univ.html

See............people on AA are so much more mature than those whippersnapper's on Nintendo Age!!!

I think that there is a good reason to have a NES subforum. This is THE Atari site to go to, but there are subforums for the competitors of the Atari, such as the Intellivision and Colecovision. The NES competed with the 7800 did it not?

One thing though, I don't really see how the Genesis competed with an atari system, maybe the Jag? but I'd say since there is a Genesis subforum there should at least be a NES subforum.

I would love to see all my NES content in one area, so I don't have to dig for it.

I'm not a fan of NintendoAge that much. from what I've seen its just a clusterfuck of a forum anyway.

Edited by Tr3vor

as already above mentioned, a NES section wouldn't happen, maybe a Nintendo section, all things Nintendo Also as mentioned before, I believe a Sega section is far more important than a Nintendo section.

Well the best way to get a Sega section would be for Nintendo to get one first. :)

Ah but the Sega Master System competed with the 7800, so we gotta have a Sega forum more so than a NES forum.

Just have one forum called Non-Atari Classic Consoles.

Isn't that basically what "Classic Gaming General" already is?

Chris

• Like 2

This site is called AtariAge for a reason. There are other forums on the net dedicated to Nintendo. Go post on them if the threads here aren't to your liking. You could make the same argument for a dedicated subforum for any of Ataris competitors. There is no need. This general Classic Gaming forum is more than enough.

• Like 2

This site is called AtariAge for a reason. There are other forums on the net dedicated to Nintendo. Go post on them if the threads here aren't to your liking. You could make the same argument for a dedicated subforum for any of Ataris competitors. There is no need. This general Classic Gaming forum is more than enough.

Then why do we have ColecoVision, Intellivision and Genesis sections?

Personally I seldom bother with the subsections except when posting a new thread. I just look at "My Content" and "View New Content," and read posts without a care of which section they're in. But since we already have sections for non-Atari consoles anyway, we may as well have a section for the console that successfully dethroned Atari.

• Like 2

Now that I think about it, why not put a NES section here? There is already one for the NES High Score Club--Create a NES section, then move the NES HSC sub-forum to the theoretical NES sub-forum. It won't take up any more space on the Classic Gaming General list than it does now. :D

• Like 4

Now that I think about it, why no put a NES section here? There is already one for the NES High Score Club--Create a NES section, then move the NES HSC sub-forum to the theoretical NES sub-forum. It won't take up any more space on the Classic Gaming General list than it does now. :D

Thats a good idea.

Or.. We could take that a step further--Make a sub-forum for Nintendo, and one for Sega. Condense the SMS HSC and Genesis sub-forums (actually, the Genesis sub-forum could be removed completely at that point) into the Sega one, and slap the NES HSC into the Nintendo sub-forum. If you reaaallly wanted to, you could have a Sony sub-forum, although in my opinion, at least two-thirds of their PlayStation line falls in "modern" territory, so it won't be necessary to have a forum for them.

• Like 1