Photo

Atari's Plato Cartridge question

253 replies to this topic

#251 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

River Patroller

• 2,114 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:03 AM

@16kRAM if I am understanding MPP's modem code directly, the MPP modem handler doesn't use CIO or SIO _AT ALL_, it doesn't register a device, you just have entry points for bit banging the MODEM. The T: device is only applicable for the 1030, and like the 850 had a bootstrapping routine to bring the handler from the MODEM into the computer. 

-Thom

#252 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 3,751 posts

Posted Yesterday, 2:45 PM

yes bit banging the joystick port for the mpp,  1030 sio t: handler, 850 straps in boot mode, will not boot a PR I don't think or a MIO, haven't checked black box, but I will have to test at lower baud rates.... I think I left the lantronix and serial fixed and 9600 and 19,2 and that isn't going to fly.

Edited by _The Doctor__, Yesterday, 2:46 PM.

#253 DrVenkman ONLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 2,802 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Yesterday, 6:55 PM

yes bit banging the joystick port for the mpp,  1030 sio t: handler, 850 straps in boot mode, will not boot a PR I don't think or a MIO, haven't checked black box, but I will have to test at lower baud rates.... I think I left the lantronix and serial fixed and 9600 and 19,2 and that isn't going to fly.

Query: if it supports an 850 (which loads its handler at boot), why wouldn't it support a P:R: Connection, which does the same thing? 

#254 tschak909 OFFLINE  

tschak909

River Patroller

• 2,114 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:23 PM

I do not have one to test, but according to the code, it should work.

Also, a big thank you to the cyber1 staff, they've added the 'atarian' notes file to the bigjump! That means you can get to the atarian notes file either directly from the author mode router, or via the bigjump menu.

-Thom

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users