IGNORED

What is your favorite A8 SPORTS title? No Ballblazer! REAL

Gunstar

I think my favorite is Hardball baseball. Unless I'm forgetting something...One-on-One basketball I think is second.

Any suggestions for good hockey and soccer(football) games?

Stunned no one mentioned either Decathlon or Track and Field, played those to death...

Pool 1.5 was my fave Pool game, I'd set the friction to low and see if in one hit I could pocket all the balls :)

Actually I loved that game as I was an avid Pool player (many trophies), not as good as the real thing but great fun.

I also like Leaderboard, Atari Tennis and 180 for a bit of darts fun...

Edited by Mclaneinc

Probably Star League Baseball.

starleague_baseball_2.gif

I used to play it quite a bit. Leaderboard was good for it's time but within several years there were much better golf games around and it didn't really drag me back.

Yup, Star League Baseball for me too. I used to CLOAD this bad boy back in the day and leave my 800xl on the entire weekend so I didn't have to load it again. Sometimes it would take two or three attempts! I also kept a running "box score" (I would assign nine different names for "players") and a stat sheet complete with most major MLB stats.

Though I loved Star League Baseball, Micro League Baseball was my favorite. We made a team with all the kids in the neighborhood and played all the great MLB teams though history.

The ability to keep stats was ahead of its time. We'd play a full 162 game season and compare our stats to real MLB players.

I don't really even care about baseball and I loved the heck out of it.

starleague_baseball_2.gif

I used to play it quite a bit. Leaderboard was good for it's time but within several years there were much better golf games around and it didn't really drag me back.

Here too. Dum-da-dum-da-dum-da dum dum dum dum-da dum-da...

Never really got into the more American sports games, they looked and sounded ok but to a brit in that era they didn't mean much.

I tried Hardball on the C64 and again never got much out of it, American football was too much like our Rugby which I found boring which is strange as when I got older and understood American Football I quite liked it.

Edited by Mclaneinc

In Europe baseball isn't a famous sport but I enjoyed that game.

I second that... although one-on-one and Atari Tennis probably are my first choice.

May I ask you a question?

I liked Atari Tennis too but IMHO a little tweak of the gameplay would be necessary to make it a better game.

Controls are very similar to Nintendo's Tennis for Gameboy

but Atari Tennis ball's directions make it very hard to score a point.

In Europe baseball isn't a famous sport but I enjoyed that game.

I second that... although one-on-one and Atari Tennis probably are my first choice.

May I ask you a question?

I liked Atari Tennis too but IMHO a little tweak of the gameplay would be necessary to make it a better game.

Controls are very similar to Nintendo's Tennis for Gameboy

but Atari Tennis ball's directions make it very hard to score a point.

Yes, you are right, however Atari tennis was the best tennis for a8.

Always I've thought to do a better playability version (maybe not the GFX).

How about "International Karate"?

Technically, yes, it's a sport game since points are kept and there's a ref/coach/master. One of the few fighting games that actually plays by tournament rules (basically). I never thought of the game as a sports title myself though, otherwise it'd be my favorite too.