Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:04 AM

#2 xg4bx OFFLINE  

xg4bx

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,807 posts
  • it stinks!

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:04 AM

Resident Evil 6 could well be one of the the longest games of 2012 according to Game Director Eiichiro Sasaki, who confirmed to NowGamer at last week's Captivate event that the game's three campaigns would last 'around 30 hours'.

"The three characters each have their own story and you can choose whichever one you want and play that story, experience that character’s story," Sasaki told us.

"In terms of length, each character’s story is a little bit less than RE5 but when you combine them together you’re getting something that is much longer. While each character’s story stands alone, all of the characters wind up in the same area of the game, in China, so there is a certain level of overlap. They stand on their own but they do overlap in certain areas. You don’t have to play them all, of course."

http://www.nowgamer....han_resi_5.html

#3 xg4bx OFFLINE  

xg4bx

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,807 posts
  • it stinks!

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:43 AM

Those of you who played Resident Evil 2 will remember that the PlayStation version came on two discs – one for Leon’s campaign, and another for Claire Redfield’s. Capcom is taking a similar approach for all three Resident Evil 6 protagonists.
The three Resident Evil 6 campaigns can be played in any order, and decisions you make as one character will have impact the plot of another. All three of the campaigns start in different places and deliver their own distinct gameplay styles and themes, although they all end in China.

Leon’s campaign is the main focus of Capcom’s gameplay reveal, and it takes place in a new city called Tall Oaks. This segment of Resident Evil 6 is for the old school Resident Evil fans, focusing on tension and horror as a zombie outbreak erupts around Leon and his partner Helena.

Chris Redfield’s story begins in China, alongside his new partner Piers Nivan. This campaign still delivers the tension and horror of Leon’s plot, but with an extra injection of gunplay. At this point in the series chronology, Chris is a member of the BSAA, as he was in Resident Evil 5.

New character Jake Muller starts off in the eastern European country of Edonia. Jake is Resident Evil 6’s melee expert and is a mercenary caught up in the middle of a civil war outbreak. Jake will also be paired with Resident Evil 2 character Sherry Birkin, daughter of G-Virus creator William Birkin.

Perhaps the best piece of news from Capcom’s Resident Evil 6 gameplay demonstration is that the sluggish tank control method from previous Resident Evil titles is gone. While this means that movement is more akin to a modern third-person shooter, you don’t feel like a gun-heavy superhero anymore. You are just another victim waiting to be killed.

http://www.nowgamer....ed_to_know.html

imo this is sounding better and better.

#4 Necron99 OFFLINE  

Necron99

Dragonstomper

• 637 posts

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:35 AM

I'm still not sold on RE6. I'll probably wait until reviews come out but I'm glad the tank control is gone. that was THE reason I never bought RE5

#5 BydoEmpire ONLINE  

BydoEmpire

River Patroller

• 2,284 posts

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:40 AM

Yay, generic action game #238140. I'll take the slow pace, tank controls and a healthy dose of puzzles in classic RE games, thanks.

#6 cimerians OFFLINE  

cimerians

Quadrunner

• 8,175 posts

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:26 AM

Tank controls were used more as a tool (for instilling fear and panic) than to hamper a player (which it also did unfortunately) the way I look at it.
I think the devs back then got the affect they wanted but yes player movement suffered.

Tank controls, sound, music, camera angles, puzzles, traps: those are things that made great survival horror games.
Zombies trapping you in a corner while you try and turn and run away as you run out of ammo and then having them grab you as you turn.....more than once I was frustrated by the tank controls and at the same time scared out of my pants because of it.

So for me its a love\hate thing. I definitely don't mind it and wish we could see more of the old Resident Evil.

#7 xg4bx OFFLINE  

xg4bx

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,807 posts
  • it stinks!

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:43 PM

i take the exact opposite view of the earlier games. i think the choices they made like the tank controls and the fixed,limited camera angles were simply due to technological limitations than any real design decision. at the time they couldn't get anywhere near the atmosphere they were going for had they gone full 3d.

the originals were very good games. i simply don't think that gameplay style would fly anymore on a technical level. i know i don't want to have to pivot and hopefully be facing the right way when the scene changes anymore.

#8 MetalSlime23 OFFLINE  

MetalSlime23

Dragonstomper

• 610 posts
  • "Thou hast killed the slime!"

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:10 AM

Do want! I thought Resident Evil 5 was amazing! Three characters and campaigns? I am sold!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users