- Nagn2 discovered an ad in a Christian magazine.
- He decided not to mention this to the community, because he wanted to create The Ultimate VCS Hoax.
- He found or created a fitting cartridge type for the game.
- He self-designed a fitting front label and end label containing not exactly the same, but slightly different info than the info in the ad.
- He made up a model number for the game.
- He found a way to print the front and end label in the same way as they did back in the eighties.
- He made the cart look older with some dust, scratches and end label folds.
- He programmed a playable game based on the single screenshot from the ad.
- He lied to the community about finding the cart himself.
- He eventually wants to fool the whole community after years and years of stalling the ROM dump.
Makes perfect sense to me.
But still I think I'll keep the game in our database, if you don't mind.
Sounds remarkably similar to the steps Krypton would have taken to make his green labelled Guardian cart. For $6.5k (which I believe is nagn's MINIMUM asking price) it doesn't seem unreasonable to put that kind of effort in. i bet cpuwiz could easil have pulled this off.
What makes me so suspicious about this whole affair is how nagn's attitude totally changed once mention was made of analysing the rom to confirm it didnt use "modern techniques
The other thing that doesn't make sense is if Nagn's cart was truly legit, and if he was the reseller he is claiming to be, then why hasn't he sold it yet. And I don't accept this rubbish about it not being in the database. Any respectable reseller would have put the cart on the market by now. He hasn't even tested the market. Other resellers would at the very least have listed it for a ridiculous BIN amount on a free listing and see what offers they get. That would aslo bring a lot of awareness to his cart, if awareness is what's holding back the sale. I still have a sneaking suspicion that this particular cart is not legit. That is the ONLY conceivable, logical reason why an exeprienced reseller would STILL have a cart of this value in their possession and not have at least attempted to sell it. The only other reason would be that he is a sandwich short of a picnic and therefore his decisions are illogical.