Photo

anyone crack the Vita yet?

2 replies to this topic

#1 toptenmaterial OFFLINE  

toptenmaterial

River Patroller

• 3,784 posts

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:40 PM

I was wondering if any of you guys have seen a modded Vita yet... what can it potentially do? Dreamcast? PS2?

#2 OldSchoolRetroGamer ONLINE  

OldSchoolRetroGamer

River Patroller

• 4,080 posts
  • Do you FEEL in charge?

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:52 PM

Won't be long I am sure..............

http://pspslimhacks....inds-scekermit/

#3 goldenegg OFFLINE  

goldenegg

Stargunner

• 1,705 posts

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:53 PM

I'm all for hacks to allow homebrew on devices, but I hope it's a LONG time before a hack is available to play copied games. It's already known that a lot of developers pretty much gave up on the PSP due to how hacks affected game sales. If such a hack comes out too early on the Vita, it would be a real shame.

Don't expect Dreamcast emulation on the Vita. While it has a decent amount of power for a handheld, it doesn't have anywhere near the power needed to emulate this system.

I also wouldn't expect very good PS2 emulation, unless they find a way to make use of the emulator Sony is rumoured to eventually release (through future PS2 Classics downloadable titles). Unlike the PSP's PS1 capabilities, which were built-in to the system, this could be more difficult on the Vita as the emulator might simply be bundled with each game. Emulators such as PCSX2 require more horsepower than the Vita has, unless they disable the emulation of some of the more resource intensive features.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users