IGNORED

Anyone use these trigger extenders?

I am considering getting these trigger extenders for my PS3, specifically for playing the new Pinball Arcade. I find the amount of shoulder button use I put my controller through for playing pinball is a little bit tiring for my fingers so I might get these extenders to see if that makes playing more comfortable.

Anyone got these? Are they as good as the review in the link above? Would they help or hinder my playing of Pinball Arcade?

pelican-pdp-ps3-dual-triggers-box-back-150x150.jpg

I use them. Can't remember if they are of the same brand. And i love them, this is how the triggers shut have been in the first place. They provide the right grip and prevent you're fingers from slipping off. They are really comfortable, a must have.

Picked up two pair of extenders last night for five bucks (at that price it's a no brainer) and the reviewers are right. These things don't pop off or come away by accident. They are very good and totally worth it if you don't like the default trigger shape.

And for me they really improve playing Pinball Arcade (but you need to change the control scheme in the menu first, the default is L1/R1 not L2/R2 however that is a simple change).

Picked up two pair of extenders last night for five bucks (at that price it's a no brainer) and the reviewers are right. These things don't pop off or come away by accident. They are very good and totally worth it if you don't like the default trigger shape.

And for me they really improve playing Pinball Arcade (but you need to change the control scheme in the menu first, the default is L1/R1 not L2/R2 however that is a simple change).

Whoops looks like they are one and the same from the amazon link I gave you. Yeah some brands of triggers (like the crappy Gamestop ones) pop off easily. These tend to stay on. You would really have to drop it or get a panic attack during a game to pop them off by accident.

I use them and love them, the ones I bought came with silicon thumbnail stick caps/covers, paid like $8 for it. These extenders are the only way I can use a ps3 controller. I think they are gamestop brand, these seem to be a slightly different design and do not pop off easily.

The silicon thumb stick cap/covers are a added extra and allow your thumbs to grip them.

Edited by madmax2069

I use them and love them, the ones I bought came with silicon thumbnail stick caps/covers, paid like $8 for it. These extenders are the only way I can use a ps3 controller. I think they are gamestop brand, these seem to be a slightly different design and do not pop off easily.

The silicon thumb stick cap/covers are a added extra and allow your thumbs to grip them.

Hmmm....mine are different than the ones you describe from Gamestop. I dont know what brand but those popped off easily. They didnt come with silicon covers. Not sure what I got but those that I got from there weren't any good (I think they only had them at the time and it may have been ordered online)

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 1

Hmmm....mine are different than the ones you describe from Gamestop. I dont know what brand but those popped off easily. They didnt come with silicon covers. Not sure what I got but those that I got from there weren't any good (I think they only had them at the time and it may have been ordered online)

Oops sorry they are not gamestop brand here are the ones i bought from gamestop, I only thought they was gamestop brand due to the brand name was covered by the stickers. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005D7G3LA/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/190-4877300-2055644 they are pelican brand and could not be happier, I absolutely love the silicone caps as well

Edited by madmax2069

I have some extenders I got at Hastings and they are great, definitely reduces strain on the fingers. I really wish they would have just kept the same design from the PS2 controllers, I hate the L2/R2 being triggers now. I hated it so much I bought a $20 PS2->PS3 controller converter a few years ago that worked great until Sony disabled it in a firmware update for God knows what reason.

I hated it so much I bought a $20 PS2->PS3 controller converter a few years ago that worked great until Sony disabled it in a firmware update for God knows what reason.

Try another one? I have a 360 -> PS3 adapter that works great, and a combo 360/PS2 -> PS3 adapter that also works.

I hated it so much I bought a $20 PS2->PS3 controller converter a few years ago that worked great until Sony disabled it in a firmware update for God knows what reason.

Try another one? I have a 360 -> PS3 adapter that works great, and a combo 360/PS2 -> PS3 adapter that also works.

Do you have a part number or amazon link to the PS2->PS3 adapter? I would love to get another one that worked, I still hate the triggers.

Do you have a part number or amazon link to the PS2->PS3 adapter? I would love to get another one that worked, I still hate the triggers.

Sure. You'll see this one all over eBay from various sellers, works well for straight 360 -> PS3.

Then there's this one I got from DealExtreme, lets you use PS2 on PS3 & 360, and 360 on PS3. I think that's how it works, at least, with that switch & three plugs it's kinda hard to remember what exactly it's capable of.

Back when i was playing MAG on a daily basis, I invested in a set of those triggers and I swear my K/D ratio went up a bit. Much more comfortable, no slippage, and even in the chaos of a frantic fire-fight where I knew I was probably hitting the sticks and triggers too hard just from the excitement, the extensions stayed in place.

I highly recommend them!!

NOTE: I'm thinking about ordering a set of the FPS Control Freek CQC's. Has anyone here tried them?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Z3DYPK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005Z3DYPK

Mendon

Back when i was playing MAG on a daily basis, I invested in a set of those triggers and I swear my K/D ratio went up a bit. Much more comfortable, no slippage, and even in the chaos of a frantic fire-fight where I knew I was probably hitting the sticks and triggers too hard just from the excitement, the extensions stayed in place.

I highly recommend them!!

NOTE: I'm thinking about ordering a set of the FPS Control Freek CQC's. Has anyone here tried them?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Z3DYPK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005Z3DYPK

Mendon

i have, they work the best when you need more accuracy in a fps game or more finesse when steering in a racing game. They do take a little bit to get use to because you're thumbs do sit higher and you do have to move you're thumbs further to get the same ammount of movement in game, it will throw you off. But after a while you will adjust to them and find out you can make slight adjustments more easily then before.

Like i said, it will throw you off at first, but once you adjust to them you will improve. The higher they sit the more finesse you gain. The only downside to these on the ps3 controller is that you have more of a chance of your thumbs interfering with each other, you don't run into that with the 360 controller due to how far the thumbsticks are spaced apart.

Thanks for the response, Madmax; much appreciated!!

I went ahead and ordered a set of the Control Freaks and also a 2nd set of the Trigger extensions for my back-up controller. I didn't receive a set of the Silicon pad's with my initial Trigger purchase so I'm curious about those.

Mendon

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying the Control Freeks and must say that I'm very satisfied with them. Tried out some Borderlands and CoD and I felt that my control improved a bit. They might not be for everyone but I'll continue to use them as I like them (so far).

Mendon