IGNORED

small little WIP demo screen

Heaven/TQA

here a sneak preview of some hours of work... it will probably become an full fledged intro but we will see... main idea was to bring back one of my fave atari 8 tune done by Uwe Loos.

the gfx effect is PAL only at the moment but the code has an NTSC check so actually the music should play correctly. or you run it in Altirra.

post-528-0-16682700-1334262134_thumb.png

uwl_msx.xex

• Like 4

OK... I understand now. Pixel values in Mode 10 can't match Mode 9 thanks to the palette entry limitation.

So doing my idea would cost a bit.

But what if it was done in character mode? You could have the graphics represented in 2 fonts - 1 for each mode, then just change Chbase. Although the badlines might mean not enough time to do all the changes.

But you could use the VScrol trick to produce a "never ending" character - like Peter Dell did on the demo that had the rotation between 2 pictures.

Next idea in my bloatware stream of suggestions - make the amplitude/period of the sine curve reactive to the music.

first intention was to use charmode but I wanted to have a quick check for this mode "pre-hip" mode called IMP. and I studied Peter's code. and I played around with scrolling then to get a feeling. charmode might be raster time consuming.

The intro will be involved in much more. and you should know me that I am not using a simple sin-table in the final ;)

the vscroll trick looks interesting.