IGNORED

There is a sucker born every minute.......

Rev

Complete with an Atari joystick!

MVC-015S_157.JPG

Well, to be fair, he's included a System Changer, so it does make sense. Of course, including Atari Pac-Man should have reduced the value of this lot. ;-)

Given the mix of stuff in this lot, what do we suppose a more reasonable value might've been? $300? $400? There are a bunch of goodies in this lot. Not $1600 worth, but still non-trivial.

Complete with an Atari joystick!

MVC-015S_157.JPG

Well, to be fair, he's included a System Changer, so it does make sense. Of course, including Atari Pac-Man should have reduced the value of this lot. ;-)

Given the mix of stuff in this lot, what do we suppose a more reasonable value might've been? $300? $400? There are a bunch of goodies in this lot. Not $1600 worth, but still non-trivial.

If I was being really generous with my pricing I could see between $300-350 at most. Ugh. I wish the buyer had been someone here, I easily would have offered the same package for half price! $800 FTW! :-D

If I were selling the lot, parted out properly I would expect around

$100 for the Synthesizer

$40 for the Console

$40 for the Atari changer

$40 for the ECS

$25 for all of the Voice stuff

$20 for Mr Basic/Mindstrike (together)

$80 for Melody Blaster

$30 for Pacman/Joystic/Burgertime/misc

$1225 for a "WRITTEN A SHORT HISTORY OF THESE KEYBOARDS"

$1600

Sound about right to me :-) In all seriousness though, the boxes were in rough shape, it was't parted out, and from a selling perspective it would be hard to see getting more than $400 out of that. I'm guessing that if it actually sold, it was to someone with plenty of money and no desire to spend any time on it. Maybe it's a trick to make it look like these are going fast...better jump on the rest while you still can!!!

Is this the same seller that keeps buying up ever Odyssey lot he can find and reselling them for insane prices?

Yep. Thankfully the Intellivision market is far too big for him to do the same here so he has these crazy auctions that just sit there on ebay forever, until a tragedy like this happens. :

If I were selling the lot, parted out properly I would expect around

$100 for the Synthesizer

$40 for the Console

$40 for the Atari changer

$40 for the ECS

$25 for all of the Voice stuff

$20 for Mr Basic/Mindstrike (together)

$80 for Melody Blaster

$30 for Pacman/Joystic/Burgertime/misc

$1225 for a "WRITTEN A SHORT HISTORY OF THESE KEYBOARDS"

$1600

Sound about right to me :-) In all seriousness though, the boxes were in rough shape, it was't parted out, and from a selling perspective it would be hard to see getting more than $400 out of that. I'm guessing that if it actually sold, it was to someone with plenty of money and no desire to spend any time on it. Maybe it's a trick to make it look like these are going fast...better jump on the rest while you still can!!!

I wouldn't pay a penny over $1200 for the written history of the Keyboards! Lol!

Is this the same seller that keeps buying up ever Odyssey lot he can find and reselling them for insane prices?

Yep. Thankfully the Intellivision market is far too big for him to do the same here so he has these crazy auctions that just sit there on ebay forever, until a tragedy like this happens. :

When I was working on my Odyssey collection this guy was a nightmare. It took me forever to find any related materials that either, 1-He wasn't selling, or, 2-He wasn't buying immediately to sell them back.

When I was working on my Odyssey collection this guy was a nightmare. It took me forever to find any related materials that either, 1-He wasn't selling, or, 2-He wasn't buying immediately to sell them back.

You hit the nail on the head with that statement for a lot of us. He's essentially monopolized the Odyssey market (as much as that is possible) It is very difficult to buy anything Odyssey without paying his inflated prices. It's for that reason alone that I've already accepted that I won't own one. I'd rather never own one than give him a dime.

You hit the nail on the head with that statement for a lot of us. He's essentially monopolized the Odyssey market (as much as that is possible) It is very difficult to buy anything Odyssey without paying his inflated prices. It's for that reason alone that I've already accepted that I won't own one. I'd rather never own one than give him a dime.

You could buy the Odyssey 2 system and then just buy an Odyssey 2 multicart. I actually an Odyssey 2 system a long time ago with some good games, but the multicart is the way to go (outside of playing the master strategy titles).

You could buy the Odyssey 2 system and then just buy an Odyssey 2 multicart. I actually an Odyssey 2 system a long time ago with some good games, but the multicart is the way to go (outside of playing the master strategy titles).

Sorry, I should have specifed I was talking about the original Odyssey 1 system. I've already completed my O2 system collection.

They are talking about the original odyssey

The one by Ralph Baer. This robotking guy bought up all the nice ones and is asking thousands for them.

Indeed, he currently has 80 odyssey related items listed with unrealistic prices. The cheapest is a 20 pages downloadable manual to set up the system, $2 + $11 for international shipping!? :-o (is he charging data transfer??)

Anyway, I found his description quite amusing:

"IF YOUR DECK HAS NO PICTURE OR THEY ARE NOT LOOKING RIGHT

THIS MANUAL WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO ADJUST IT

HOWEVER IF THE PROBLEMS ARE ELECTRONIC

THIS WILL NOT HELP BUT AT LEAST YOU WILL HAVE TRIED"

Oh well, thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 1