IGNORED

Game Gear audio troubles

atari2600land

Hi all. I'm looking to sell a Game Gear, but it has a weird audio problem. The volume isn't very loud when it's maxed out. Just for a lark, I decided to try a pair of headphones for it. The sound works fine with the headphones. I don't know what could be causing this. I tried the volume on the Game Gear I don't want to get rid of and it's fine. The screen is OK, a bit dim, but who has a perfect Game Gear screen anyway? Any help? (or anyone want to buy a Game Gear with a weird audio output problem?)

If you can solder, it is a matter of replacing one capacitor on the sound board. It's a known issue and I did this a year or two ago with success. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA1CAmqWzYA

If you would like to fix the screen at the same time all you have to do is replace a hand full of capacitors on the main board, well worth the trouble.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

*I know you have sold the console.

But visit smspower and they have stickied a topic about replacing the caps in a gg. I have a post there where I replaced one cap and tested, replaced another and tested.

yes, replacing the caps, fixes almost all problems with the gamegear, screen and audio problems. I've replaced them on model of mine, have to replace them on 2 more, but i first want some good front cases, because on the three 1 have, the plastic around the d-pad is damaged, so that the d-pad kinda sticks behind the broken pieces.

Then i gone do a blub replacement with led's to get a better battery live.