IGNORED

Jeepers Creepers - 2012 run

hardhat

EDIT: I should point out that the quality of my J.C. boxes is definately not the same as the usual Team Pixelboy ones. That's why I'm selling them for only 7$ each. Please keep your expectations low!

I don't know Luc, those boxes look pretty good to me, and any box is better than no box.

Well, the artwork is great, of course, but the purple print scrapes off just by looking at it. To be more precise, the print along the edges get damaged just by folding the cardboard. The quality of the print on the cardboard isn't all that great either...

Well, the artwork is great, of course, but the purple print scrapes off just by looking at it. To be more precise, the print along the edges get damaged just by folding the cardboard. The quality of the print on the cardboard isn't all that great either...

have you tried treating it with some krylon clear coat sealer?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/PaintStains/SprayPaint/PRD~0481582P/Krylon+Clear+Coat+Sealer.jsp?locale=en

Well.. putting a 30th anniversary logo on re-release labels and boxes might help differentiate as well!

Another great idea :thumbsup:

Since I helped Coleconut for the first batch of Fireman, I would be more than happy to help him getting a 2nd batch

Ditto, of course. I owe coleconut a couple of A/V mods, so I need to get back in his good books. ;)

As someone who missed out on Fireman when you made it (I must say one of my favorite games!) and then paying a fairly large some of money to finally have a CIB in my collection. It does suck to have something you pay a few hundred for all of a sudden drop to $40.

Yes this is exactly why I have refused all request for more. I wouldnt want to A. go back on my word and B. undermine the potential present and future value of the original small run.

Having said that, I did hear a rumour that a warehouse in Venezuela unearthed another skid of them. I hope they are in as good a shape as some of the other games I was shafted with bought previously

http://img857.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=ed011.jpg

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Edited by coleconut

As someone who missed out on Fireman when you made it (I must say one of my favorite games!) and then paying a fairly large some of money to finally have a CIB in my collection. It does suck to have something you pay a few hundred for all of a sudden drop to $40.

Yes this is exactly why I have refused all request for more. I wouldnt want to A. go back on my word and B. undermine the potential present and future value of the original small run.

Having said that, I did hear a rumour that a warehouse in Venezuela unearthed another skid of them. I hope they are in as good a shape as some of the other games I was shafted with bought previously

http://img857.images...hp?id=ed011.jpg

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Holy crap that looks horrible!!! I hope you didn't haft to pay for those! There's a seller on ebay that has those games in much better condition, for a pretty fair price. I have bought from him before and he ships everything very well and is very nice, it just takes forever to recieve the games. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3208777551731?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320877755173&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I personally don't give a hoot about a re-release of a game affecting the value of an original release run, even if I paid a large sum to secure a copy, especially in the case of prototype and unreleased games from the 1980's. These titles (Fireman, Power Lords, Escape from the MindMaster, Pac-Man, Dig Dug, etc., etc., etc.) should never be held back from any kind of production run over concerns like those mentioned above. They should be able to be enjoyed by all ColecoVision enthuisiasts in cartridge or CIB form as long as there are people willing to pay whomever is willing to make the necessary investment of time and money to make them... either as orders are received or in larger quantities. I know, the rom file can easily be copied to one of the AtaiMax MultiCarts and played just the same, but for many, it's just not the same as owning a physical cart.

Now as far as Homebrew creations from the likes of NewColeco, CollectorVision, Opcode, Team PixelBoy, and their stable of programmers... that's completely up to them to decide and I will respect their decisions even if I don't completely agree. I do understand that they can't afford to stock large quantities of materials (manuals, boxes, etc.) and need to limit the amount of games produced in order to protect themselves financially.

BTW, I own an original CIB version of Fireman and didn't pay an outrageous amount, but it was still a lot more than what they were originally sold for and if a new run of them is to be made in a different CIB style... I would be interested.

• Like 2

Holy crap that looks horrible!!! I hope you didn't haft to pay for those!

Yeah I did have to pay. Compensation was offered but he never followed thru now its a year later.

That is unbelievable really! Just drive over it with a truck a couple of times maybe.

Okay so I talked about the label design with Daniel and I have a couple of options for the label. I'll post them maybe later but I want to PM retroillucid to see if I can get permission to use an anniversery icon similar to his crest in the corner of the label.

The first run of Jeepers Creepers were numbered up to 69 (though I don't know who got number 69) although there are probably some unnumbered ones (which surely are not as valuable). I am torn in some ways because I don't want to release a more collectable version, since then it is tempting to buy both, and my goal is just to make the game available to a slightly wider audience.

Well, I've had an idea for an extra special version of both Ghostblaster and Jeepers Creepers cartridges. And that'll be specifically for one lucky collector via ebay. If I make it happen I'll let you know.

Edited by hardhat
  • Like 1

The first run of Jeepers Creepers were numbered up to 69 (though I don't know who got number 69) although there are probably some unnumbered ones (which surely are not as valuable). I am torn in some ways because I don't want to release a more collectable version, since then it is tempting to buy both, and my goal is just to make the game available to a slightly wider audience.

Well, in any case, will you be setting up an ordering page for Jeepers Creepers on your personal web site like you did for Ghostblaster? I think that would be best for everyone who's interested.

Well, in any case, will you be setting up an ordering page for Jeepers Creepers on your personal web site like you did for Ghostblaster? I think that would be best for everyone who's interested.

Of course. Ordering via that website makes shipping the orders much easier for me. But as before, I have to sort out my production before I can open up ordering officially. I was just checking to see what level of interest there is in Jeepers Creepers. And there is actually more interest than I expected.

Just to give you an update, I've been working with Luc to arrange for him to send me the boxes so that I can actually ship you the CIB and he's even shared me some of his secrets of shipping cartridge boxes intact.

I've also been working with J-F to get the 30 years logo so that I can put it on the label. So that is also progressing. I think I will be able to order labels before the end of the week.

The next step is to actually burn some EPROMs so that I have games ready to ship when I open up the item for ordering on my website. Daniel provided me the ROM image, so that is in good shape too.

Edited by hardhat
  • Like 1