To run it on the Mac do the following:
- Plug in your SD card and figure out the Volume Name. My SD card is named HARMONY, so the Volume Name is/Volumes/HARMONY
- In a terminal window do the following
- use diskutil to find out the Device Node, mine's /dev/disk2s11
diskutil info /Volumes/HARMONY | grep "Device Node:"
- use diskutil to Unmount (but not eject) the SD card using the Volume Name
diskutil unmount /Volumes/HARMONY
- use fatsort to Sort the SD card using the Device Node 2
- use diskutil to Eject the SD card using the Device Node
diskutil eject /dev/disk2s1
- You can now remove the SD card and put it in the Harmony.
2 for this to work you need to be in the directory that you unzipped fatsort into. On my system I did "make install" and it moved the program into /usr/local/bin/fatsort so I can now run the program from anywhere by leaving off the leading ./ like so:
Intel build of FATsort for Mac OS X
fatsort.zip 18.8KB 1182 downloads
I'm hoping others can add to this thread with instructions for the other operating systems, and that somebody set up to compile PowerPC OS X programs could upload a version for the older Macs.
I was going to try to wrap it up in a GUI utility, but decided to leave that for somebody else to do so I can concentrate on Frantic instead.