Wanted: C64 DTV Joystick

2 replies to this topic

#1 gnnash OFFLINE  

gnnash

Space Invader

• 22 posts

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 AM

Hello,

I am looking for a C64 DTV (direct to tv) unit. I would prefer the european / PAL model for better compatibility when modded. Located in USA.

Thanks in advance!

#2 BigO OFFLINE  

BigO

River Patroller

• 3,263 posts

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:40 PM

I have an NTSC unit so no help here. But, I'm (idly) curious what mods one would be doing to this and what makes the PAL model more suitable?

#3 gnnash OFFLINE  

gnnash

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:43 PM

See here: http://picobay.com/d...TV_Hacking_Wiki

Basically, they can be turned into full-fledged C64 clones, with internal headers for a keyboard, controllers and an IEC port for a floppy drive or whatnot.. The PAL model is a bit more compatible, and has the internal connections for two full-function controllers, keyboard, IEC port, cassette port, and userport. It also has flash memory which can be programmed to internally hold different games other than the original built-in ones.

The NTSC model only has connections for a keyboard, IEC port and a single controller port (and the controller port is missing the connection for the UP function!) It also has no flash memory, just a read-only ROM. But it is still fun to modify if you have a floppy drive and some old games.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users