IGNORED

WTB: Vectrex

RedRaider

I am starting to get the itch again for a Vectrex, maybe it's time I scratched the itch.

Only looking to buy one in 100% properly working order, including at least one 100% properly working controller (two would be better). As with every other classic item I typically buy, I perfer a cosmetic gem, but will consider a unit with minor blemishes if they are not too glaring. If I could get one with the system manual and game catalog passport wouldn't that be sweet.

If anyone has a bundle with carts, overlays and manuals, I would gladly consider that as well.

eBay has several different packages for sale I have looked at, but a bit hesitant on the ones that caught my eye so far, something just doesn't feel right about them.

If anyone is looking to thin out their collection, kindly PM me what you have to offer and we will go from there.

Many thanks in advance.

Even Charles has one dang it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1dkR4WaaX8&feature=endscreen&NR=1

I remember watching this episode, knowing what a Vectrex was (and how it was kinda already gone the way of the Dodo, even then) and still wanting one badly!....the last time I had a jones for one was in the late 90s, where an incredible ebay auction had a complete (I mean comPLETE!) system in one of those tower-like advertising units you'd see at Sears or something like that. I think it went for around a 1000 bux, even then.

Anyone here want to sell a Vectrex outright to a fellow AtariAge member, instead of listing on auction sites?

Got two I'm looking to buy off eBay, within the next two days. One auction will end tonight and the other I just might hit the BIN button.

Why buy one, when you can have two at twice the price. :D

Well I'm not looking for a Vectrex any longer, nope.

Tonight I purchased the first of two units. The second unit will be purchased tomorrow.

Why buy one, when you can have two!

Here is a teaser pic of Unit #1:

7108572883_b585854703_b.jpg

Oh baby, can't wait until my son and I can crack out on our own Vectrex units, both at the same time...

Hey RedRaider, sorry you got so few replies in here, we weren't ignoring you I promise.

Let me know how the ones you bought turn out, will you? I might be on the market for a Vectrex someday (I have one but technically it's only on loan to me) and I am curious what condition the auctioned ones are in for sale out there. Did you get your two off eBay?

Yep, the key is to contact the sellers. There is not a single unit up for auction from Saturday (even ones that sold) to yesterday morning, that I did not contact the seller. Of the units for auction currently, only three I have not contacted.

The sellers that did not answer a single simple question I asked, rather replied "it works", I marked them off the list. The two sellers I dealt with we're very open to communication and we spent at least three days emailing back and forth. The one I bought last night, the seller took several additional pics of the unit and emailed them to me. He was very open about the units history. The unit I'm buying tonight, that owner shot three videos of him playing the unit and a video to show the joystick functioned 100% correctly.

I am in construction sales in Houston (Hot Mix Asphaltic Concrete to be exact). I deal with scammers day in/day out. Thought I've heard every line in the book, then I go to work each day and hear a new one. I am one of the easiest people to do business with if you are a righteous person and honest with me. Those who aren't get every bit of what they rightfully receive.

As for me selling one of my Vectrex's, I do not see that happening. I am a collector, not someone who buys things here and turns around to sell them on eBay at a inflated price to make a living. If I sell something, which I do occasionally on eBay, it's because it is something I do not choose to collect anymore (non PC or gaming related) or extras that came in a "lot" I purchased to get a few items I wanted. My classic systems will only be sold if life throws me a curve ball, which I hope does not occur.

The moral to the story is do your due diligence, period. If you fail to do so and get burned, then that is on you...

I have four Vectrex's and don't plan on parting with any because they're that special. I sold one a few months ago on AA because I thought five was excessive. The buyer now has three or four himself.

Yep, I'm in now way, shape or form done buying Vectrex's yet. No sir, not at all... :D

When you're ready to outfit that Vectrex with overlays for a multicart, let me know! http://www.vectrexoverlays.com

Just bought the 72 Game Multi-Cart about 30 minutes ago and will be buying a couple of different flavors soon as well.

I have looked at your overlays on eBay and will be purchasing some soon brother.

Many thanks for the service you provide the community.

Ah, I'm late to the scene. I have a working vectrex for as far as I could test. I got mine with no controllers quite a few years ago, and I never could find a controller for it. I didn't want to use a modded genesis controller, and I wasn't shelling out $80 for a controller. Not gonna lie, after a while I completely forgot I had it, once I had a spark to play it again, the controllers were nowhere to be seen.

The picture is nice and crisp, and I know the cart slot works on it. I got a chance to fire up Berzerk, and it looks damn near identical to the arcade. I have no idea how it plays, but it looks promising.

Good luck with your adventures, and if you're wanting a spare, I can sell you mine. I'm moving soon and I am shortening up the collection, to mainly only the Atari 2600. The rest of the consoles will be multicarts.

Edited by keilbaca

I bought a Vectrex back when they were on store shelves and spent many, many an hour with Clean Sweep, Berzerk, Star Trek, Spike, and others. Unfortunately, the unit was dropped during a house move and busted beyond repair and I never got around to replacing it.

Like RedRaider, I'd also like to buy a Vectrex... just a good condition system with one controller. If the system didn't have any cart's included, I'd then buy a multi-cart and some of Omeganu's overlays and just enjoy the hell out of the system.

I've watched eBay some and noticed a couple that look reasonable from sellers with good feedback. But I just don't feel totally comfortable buying a unit from eBay as I've been scammed several times on "great condition - original" disk based games and DVD's in the past and don't want the same type of results on a costlier system.

Congrat's on your Vectrex acquisitions, RedRaider!!

Mendon

Ah, I'm late to the scene. I have a working vectrex for as far as I could test. I got mine with no controllers quite a few years ago, and I never could find a controller for it. I didn't want to use a modded genesis controller, and I wasn't shelling out $80 for a controller. Not gonna lie, after a while I completely forgot I had it, once I had a spark to play it again, the controllers were nowhere to be seen.

The picture is nice and crisp, and I know the cart slot works on it. I got a chance to fire up Berzerk, and it looks damn near identical to the arcade. I have no idea how it plays, but it looks promising.

Good luck with your adventures, and if you're wanting a spare, I can sell you mine. I'm moving soon and I am shortening up the collection, to mainly only the Atari 2600. The rest of the consoles will be multicarts.

PM is sent my brother. :D

Thanks Mendon.

The key to eBay is to ask questions, then ask some more questions, then ask for pics with proof of date in pic, then disregard any seller that acts like it is a hassle to communicate with you.

Don't worry, I will be posting up nice pr0n pics when I get my new babies and will give my honest thoughts on the condition of the units.

Stay Tuned...

Sorry about that, I keep the majority of my Flickr account "private" (probably +3,000 images). I do not enjoy all the random messages, from random people, that sift through others Flickr accounts. I only show my images on forums, namely my own forum.

When I get home, I'll open them up for public" viewing.