IGNORED

New Multiplayer Atari 2600 Emulator

Paulo Peccin

What you imagine is really cool, but Its very complicated to achieve in real life.

The current implementation uses one of the machines as the "server", who commands everything, and the clients receive information from the server. Currently this scheme requires not too much bandwidth, but it requires low latency or else the gameplay will suffer.

I sure could add the possibility for more people to connect to the same server, with an "expectator" option to reduce the lag.

The technical challenge is there, but it can be done.

Regards,

Peccin

How much latency is there now and how much would two more players add?

What you imagine is really cool, but Its very complicated to achieve in real life.

The current implementation uses one of the machines as the "server", who commands everything, and the clients receive information from the server. Currently this scheme requires not too much bandwidth, but it requires low latency or else the gameplay will suffer.

I sure could add the possibility for more people to connect to the same server, with an "expectator" option to reduce the lag.

The technical challenge is there, but it can be done.

Regards,

Peccin

How much latency is there now and how much would two more players add?

I think he means latency on YOUR network and all connected, and I think the word he was looking for is "spectator"

Edited by Pioneer4x4