IGNORED

Lynx I Problem - OPTION 2 always stuck "ON"

woolfman

Hello Community,

I am having a little problem here.

A friend of mine is repairing my Lynx I (Backlight off, LCD was off). Now he encountered a strange thing:

Lynx I works again, but randomly the "Option 2" Button is "ON". I don´t think it is related to the rubber/button itself, so we can sort that one out.

What could that be? Anyone?

Many thanks!

Wolf

Ive had this on both of my lynx 2's. Disconnect the control flex ribbon, and take appart the case so you can see where the buttons touch the flex cable. Use a damp cotton bud and lightly clean the pads on the flex circuit, and underneath of the buttons themselves, but dont use pressure - very light. I then wiped all of those areas with a clean dry cloth carefully. I also wiped the contacts on the ribbon connector itself as well - ie. the bit that plugs into the main board. After that both of my lynxes have been used for 20 hrs each with nO re- occurances.

Its the same design - almost? Its going to be a contact problem just like the lynx 2 or its going to be where the buttons touch the contacts on the board, clean the pcb with some isoprophyl or something and its like to be solved.

Edited by GadgetUK

Its the same design - almost? Its going to be a contact problem just like the lynx 2 or its going to be where the buttons touch the contacts on the board, clean the pcb with some isoprophyl or something and its like to be solved.

Please read my first post...NOT RELATED to Rubber and/or Button/Contact itself...

Must be something else, like i said before. Anyone?

I suspect acid that is short-circuiting the wires. This may be on the pcb itself, at the cable or the button. Use alcohol and a brush. You can also measure the resistance using an ohm-meter to see if the surface leads electricity.

--

karri

I suspect acid that is short-circuiting the wires. This may be on the pcb itself, at the cable or the button. Use alcohol and a brush. You can also measure the resistance using an ohm-meter to see if the surface leads electricity.

--

karri

Thanks for the tip!