8 replies to this topic

#1 woolfman OFFLINE  

woolfman

Chopper Commander

• 129 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:42 AM

Hello Community,

I am having a little problem here.

A friend of mine is repairing my Lynx I (Backlight off, LCD was off). Now he encountered a strange thing:

Lynx I works again, but randomly the "Option 2" Button is "ON". I don´t think it is related to the rubber/button itself, so we can sort that one out.

What could that be? Anyone?

Many thanks!

Wolf

#2 GadgetUK ONLINE  

GadgetUK

Stargunner

• 1,450 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 PM

Ive had this on both of my lynx 2's. Disconnect the control flex ribbon, and take appart the case so you can see where the buttons touch the flex cable. Use a damp cotton bud and lightly clean the pads on the flex circuit, and underneath of the buttons themselves, but dont use pressure - very light. I then wiped all of those areas with a clean dry cloth carefully. I also wiped the contacts on the ribbon connector itself as well - ie. the bit that plugs into the main board. After that both of my lynxes have been used for 20 hrs each with nO re- occurances.

#3 woolfman OFFLINE  

woolfman

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 129 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:17 PM

Ive had this on both of my lynx 2's. Disconnect the control flex ribbon, and take appart the case so you can see where the buttons

Hey, I was talking about LYNX 1...so if you have any hint on THAT ONE, please let me know...

#4 GadgetUK ONLINE  

GadgetUK

Stargunner

• 1,450 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:17 PM

Its the same design - almost? Its going to be a contact problem just like the lynx 2 or its going to be where the buttons touch the contacts on the board, clean the pcb with some isoprophyl or something and its like to be solved.

Edited by GadgetUK, Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:29 PM.

#5 woolfman OFFLINE  

woolfman

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 129 posts

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:40 AM

Its the same design - almost? Its going to be a contact problem just like the lynx 2 or its going to be where the buttons touch the contacts on the board, clean the pcb with some isoprophyl or something and its like to be solved.

Please read my first post...NOT RELATED to Rubber and/or Button/Contact itself...

Must be something else, like i said before. Anyone?

#6 GadgetUK ONLINE  

GadgetUK

Stargunner

• 1,450 posts

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:07 AM

OK, no more help from me... Good luck, you clearly know how to fix this yourself.

#7 woolfman OFFLINE  

woolfman

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 129 posts

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 AM

No, but thats clearly the most obvious thing that I would think of first...that´s why I sorted that problem out.

#8 karri OFFLINE  

karri

Stargunner

• 1,471 posts

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:32 AM

I suspect acid that is short-circuiting the wires. This may be on the pcb itself, at the cable or the button. Use alcohol and a brush. You can also measure the resistance using an ohm-meter to see if the surface leads electricity.

--
karri

#9 woolfman OFFLINE  

woolfman

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 129 posts

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:37 AM

I suspect acid that is short-circuiting the wires. This may be on the pcb itself, at the cable or the button. Use alcohol and a brush. You can also measure the resistance using an ohm-meter to see if the surface leads electricity.

--
karri

Thanks for the tip!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users