IGNORED

SOLD OUT: Stealth chip modded PS1 @ $39 each

the.golden.ax

BTW, this may sound stupid, but would this modchip allow you to play PAL titles on an NTSC system and if so would there be any difference? I ask because there are a few Japanese titles that got English releases only in Europe(i.e. Mega Man X3, Vib Ribbon, Galaxian 3, etc) and I know for sure that my Dreamcast can adapt the video resolution to mine(such as being able to play PAL 60hz for games like Shenmue II and Headhunter).

BTW, this may sound stupid, but would this modchip allow you to play PAL titles on an NTSC system and if so would there be any difference? I ask because there are a few Japanese titles that got English releases only in Europe(i.e. Mega Man X3, Vib Ribbon, Galaxian 3, etc) and I know for sure that my Dreamcast can adapt the video resolution to mine(such as being able to play PAL 60hz for games like Shenmue II and Headhunter).

It'll handle the region lockout, but it's not going to convert PAL to NTSC.

edit: Actually, I think you could patch your ISO to run in 60hz, if you could find such a patch. Your chip WILL let you run patched bootleg discs.

Edited by Rex Dart

• 2 weeks later...

Any news on the batch of "just chips"?

PS. I know you said you did order the PS1 compatible chips, but just in case, I thought I'd mention that I'm planning on modding a PSone now instead of a PSX. So I guess it's a good thing that you made the switch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...