Photo

Atari Flashback,what should i pay for a used one, unboxed?

29 replies to this topic

#1 Rik OFFLINE  

Rik

River Patroller

• 4,293 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:42 PM

I went to the flea market yesterday and saw Atari Flashback.It's the one with the 7800 style console .I am not sure what they sold for new.Anyways the guy wanted $50.00 for it and said he'll take $40, that seems insanely high.What price would be reasonable for it?I have FB 2 which i bought 2nd hand a while ago, i don't recall what i paid, but it wasn't $40.00!

#2 flammingcowz OFFLINE  

flammingcowz

Moonsweeper

• 451 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:43 PM

They're not considered that great. I saw one at a flea market a while back for $10 and it seemed like a good price to me. I think $40 is too high

#3 sqoon OFFLINE  

sqoon

Stargunner

• 1,094 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:36 PM

FB1 unboxed, $15 tops. They are just not worth that much.

#4 SRGilbert OFFLINE  

SRGilbert

River Patroller

• 2,497 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:51 PM

I see them at yard sales all the time for $5-$10, so year $40 is insane.

Besides, as mentioned, they are kinda crappy anyway, nothing like the FB2.

#5 mckafka99 OFFLINE  

mckafka99

Dragonstomper

• 524 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:43 PM

As others have said - way too much. I found my boxed version in a children's used shop for $5

#6 Grig ONLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 2,034 posts
  • Laugh while you can, monkey boy!

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:21 PM

$40???

Instructions for flea market sellers:

1. Smoke crack
2. Take FB1 to flea market
3. smoke more crack
4. ask $40 for FB1
5. when it doesn't sell, blame someone else and smoke more crack
6. If it DOES sell, shout hooray! and smoke more crack

FB1 sucks ass. Don't pay more than $10 for it for your expanding Atari collection.

#7 A_Locomotive OFFLINE  

A_Locomotive

Stargunner

• 1,458 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:34 PM

A guy at a thrift store once tried to sell me one for $80. *facepalm* He didn't believe me it wasn't an original atari, or that even if it was that that would still be a crack head price.

#8 Crazy Climber OFFLINE  

Crazy Climber

Crazy Climberer

• 11,041 posts
  • Metamuciler

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:47 PM

I paid $50 for my used FB2....but it is heavily modded and bad ass!!

#9 Grig ONLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 2,034 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:47 PM

A guy at a thrift store once tried to sell me one for $80. *facepalm* He didn't believe me it wasn't an original atari, or that even if it was that that would still be a crack head price.

(gets on soap box)

See??? This is notice to all of you 'thrift' store owners and flea market sellers and Craigslist Crackheads - we are reasonable and logical, you are not. We will not buy your stuff at your ridiculous ass clown prices. WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AND WE ARE ON TO YOU! YOU ARE HEREBY ON NOTICE!!

(gets off soapbox)

Wow, what a maroon. I had a local guy here try to sell me a broken 4 switcher with a couple of ultra commons for $75 (he still has the CL ad up). He said he didn't remember how it hooked up and when I told him he paused and said," ... no, that's not it - maybe someone else will know". Morons - the whole lot of them.

#10 Mirage OFFLINE  

Mirage

Quadrunner

• 6,613 posts
  • Have a problem? Hire the Envious Snakes!

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:48 PM

About $4.

#11 A_Locomotive OFFLINE  

A_Locomotive

Stargunner

• 1,458 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:52 PM

(gets on soap box)

See??? This is notice to all of you 'thrift' store owners and flea market sellers and Craigslist Crackheads - we are reasonable and logical, you are not. We will not buy your stuff at your ridiculous ass clown prices. WE KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AND WE ARE ON TO YOU! YOU ARE HEREBY ON NOTICE!!

(gets off soapbox)

Wow, what a maroon. I had a local guy here try to sell me a broken 4 switcher with a couple of ultra commons for $75 (he still has the CL ad up). He said he didn't remember how it hooked up and when I told him he paused and said," ... no, that's not it - maybe someone else will know". Morons - the whole lot of them.

Funny thing is the FB is still at the guys store. lol

#12 Grig ONLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 2,034 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:54 PM

Ever thought of just walking in to the store each day and saying "Still here, huh?"

#13 GonzoGamer OFFLINE  

GonzoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 191 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:28 PM

This kind of thing always reminds me of the doof on storage wars who upon finding a beat to hell 2600 in a unit he won thought he had found gold worth thousands ("this is why we do this"....lol), only to have his ego deflated by reality and a game store owner, for me the AFB1 is worth about $5 the 2nd one seems to be the better one from what i have read. i don't own either of them, just going by what i have read.

#14 A_Locomotive OFFLINE  

A_Locomotive

Stargunner

• 1,458 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:53 PM

Ever thought of just walking in to the store each day and saying "Still here, huh?"

I did for a while actually. lol!

#15 Grig ONLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 2,034 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:48 PM

I did for a while actually. lol!

Awesome.

#16 frankodragon OFFLINE  

frankodragon

Stargunner

• 1,555 posts
  • Green dragon with a bad Sonic haircut

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:09 PM

Wait until you find one at a garage sale. Then you can tell the crazy flea market sellers how much you paid for yours and they'll give that look like Kermit the Frog gets when angry: Posted Image

#17 Grig ONLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 2,034 posts

Posted Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:26 PM

This kind of thing always reminds me of the doof on storage wars who upon finding a beat to hell 2600 in a unit he won thought he had found gold worth thousands ("this is why we do this"....lol), only to have his ego deflated by reality and a game store owner, for me the AFB1 is worth about $5 the 2nd one seems to be the better one from what i have read. i don't own either of them, just going by what i have read.

Which episode was that? Which season?

#18 Galeforcerm OFFLINE  

Galeforcerm

Chopper Commander

• 246 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:00 AM

I thought that was an nes on storage wars.

#19 poobah OFFLINE  

poobah

Stargunner

• 1,534 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 AM

It was, a busted one at that. He was like "See that, this an NES-001... these are original, they're worth $10,000, this is why we do this"... took it to the game store and the guy told him it was worth like $10. Classic.

#20 Emehr OFFLINE  

Emehr

River Patroller

• 3,773 posts
  • Happiness is... a chomping Pac-Man!

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:40 AM

I bought my Flashback 1 (loose but otherwise complete) at a kids resale shop for $5 and wouldn't spend a dollar more. There isn't five dollars worth of game play on the thing.

#21 Grig ONLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 2,034 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:18 AM

It was, a busted one at that. He was like "See that, this an NES-001... these are original, they're worth $10,000, this is why we do this"... took it to the game store and the guy told him it was worth like $10. Classic.

I missed that one, dang. That show was interesting but also aggravating because of those arrogant SOB's. Glad they got their puffed up head popped by reality. However, you know that some schmuck turned off the show after the "$10,000" comment and immediately listed his sorry ass broken NES on CL for $7500 at a "real bargain!" "LQQK! ORIGINAL NES-001 - these were made before Atari and are extremely rare! Valued at $10,000, I'm giving you a bargain at $7500" - and it's still in their house today.

#22 Grig ONLINE  

Grig

River Patroller

• 2,034 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:20 AM

I bought my Flashback 1 (loose but otherwise complete) at a kids resale shop for $5 and wouldn't spend a dollar more. There isn't five dollars worth of game play on the thing.

I played my FB1 once. Played every game. It was horrible. My understanding is that it's actually an emulator and not a 'real' 7800.
FB2 is superb. It's an 'actual' 2600, right? You can modify it to accept real carts, right?

#23 GonzoGamer OFFLINE  

GonzoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 191 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:59 AM

your right it was an NES, i was thinking wrong, it was so funny watching this idiot's reaction to the game store guy telling him as gently as he could what it was actually worth, funny stuff.

#24 GonzoGamer OFFLINE  

GonzoGamer

Chopper Commander

• 191 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:01 AM

I played my FB1 once. Played every game. It was horrible. My understanding is that it's actually an emulator and not a 'real' 7800.
FB2 is superb. It's an 'actual' 2600, right? You can modify it to accept real carts, right?

i have seen some guys on youtube who have moded the FB2 to play 2600 carts, from what i have seen it is a much better system than the first one (FB1)

#25 captmorgandrinker OFFLINE  

captmorgandrinker

Chopper Commander

• 124 posts

Posted Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:08 PM

The Atari was on Pawn Stars way back when. And right after that Storage Wars aired, there were a ton of Craigslist ads touting the NES-001 in my area.

As far as what to pay for the flashback, keep an eye on ebay auctions. They usually sell for a buck or two plus shipping.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users